Some customization help on my OZ

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by ayount08, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ayount08

ayount08 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I need to replace my mirrors and probably my tail lights, I'm just not too sure on what to get. I don't want to spend a ton of money, maybe like 160 max. I also want a side graphic on it, but yet again, I don't know what to put on it, besides not flames lol. Thanks guys!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Yes, thats my dog Diesel in the bottom left corner lol

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

When you get new tail lights, would you want to sell your stock ones? I'm thinking about getting a second pair of stock tail lights, and blacking them out, and having a normal pair as well. The Evo 7 style tail lights for our cars look good as well.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Ive got my stock 03 OZ rally tails around here. Im not using them since the new one pass inspection...sorry for the bad pic. Cell phones and night time dont exactly work right

[​IMG]

4. 1slowlance

Is that a fancy LED tail light bulb? Looks pretty bright. I'm thinking about getting those Evo 7 style tails later on.

5. Jogenmaru

Fancy LED light yes. Bright? not really. That is glare from cell phone camera. Only reason why is because it is the 3 arm version. They make a 5 arm version but I havent seen it for our cars. Only for European cars so far. Although they look pretty if you are driving from behind. I wish the arms were a little longer but they would interfere with the way the housing is. And they are cheap ebay ones. Dont think you would actually see the arms in the evo ones either. I couldnt see them in the stock ones. It looked like i just had a normal light in them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-0...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

these are the tail light housings

https://store.ijdmtoy.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=LED_Spider_White

this is the link to where i bought the lights. They look red in my pic because of the housing. I believe they have to be orange/red for inspection purposes.

6. Jogenmaru

here they are with the brakes off

[​IMG]

here they are with brakes on

[​IMG]

This is me trying to stand directly behind it but there is a Lincoln Navigator in my way. But its approximately 4-5 feet away maybe less. And yes that is a blue interior light inside the cabin.

7. Jogenmaru

As for your side mirrors, keep them and try to find someone that can do the M3 turning signal into them. As for tail lights do the evo lights since you have the evo spoiler. But I like the ones I have better than the evo. I will try and get a day shot of them otherwise follow the ebay link in my earlier post

8. 1slowlance

I'm not really feeling your tail lights for some reason. Idk. I like the Evo 7 style ones, because they're not too different from stock, so they won't stick out too much, but I'll notice the difference. Think I'm going to look into lowering mine next though.

9. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

Lowering for the win hunk. I want to lower mine really bad

10. Jogenmaru

Yea thats my next step. I wanted tein ss but im not too sure if they fit. As I have never seen them sold for 02-03 lancers. Only for 04-06. but Im contemplating the megans since they are cheaper with adjustability. The ss's have adjustability but im not sure on the fitment. Tein basics seem like struts with lowering springs since there is no adjustability.

11. 1slowlance

I was just probably going to go with lowering springs. Not the whole coil overs. Too much money for me to spend on just lowering my car. My personal opinion.

12. Jogenmaru

Yea I was originally going to do the same until my gf, mother, and a couple of my friends told me I drive either too slow or too crazy. I figured since I accelerate hard around corners I wouldn't want to have my tires rubbing with my stock struts. I thought let me get some springs and upgraded struts and saw that it would be around $700. Decided to just do the extra 200-400 depending on what I decide on Tein or Megan.

13. 1slowlance

What are you looking at that it will be around $700? For that much I might consider it.

14. Jogenmaru

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4_8&products_id=39

those are shocks

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_4_8&products_id=57

here are springs

ooorrrr my personal favorite

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mega...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I searched by part number: MR-CDK-ML02

Im trying to hop on this deal quick and buy the camber kit from rrm.

And I eventually would like these seats

[​IMG]

15. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

I'll take those stock mirrors off your hands.

16. jester

jester Well-Known Member

if you go to carid.com they have a few tailights that ae well priced and shipping was cheap same with headlights i got new jdm headlights with the 8000k hid kit with taillights brand new for around 300

17. ayount08

I got new wheels. I haven't been active lately tho. But I'm back! :D hahaha but yeah i think i might just black out the tail lights and maybe headlights since my car is half black ha. And I'm gonna get a cold air intake along with an ecu.

18. glopez

glopez New Member

Hey I was wondering if yu guys could help me out with my oz 2003 idk what types of things ishould do to it. If I could get some replys it would b great

19. mitsuG

mitsuG Well-Known Member

what kind of mods are you thinking about? cosmetic? performance?.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2011
  20. ayount08

Blacking out the red on the tail lights and leaving the white area alone looks nice. Here's a pic of mine. I also got the evo wing and I like it. I'm also getting a cold air intake this week along with an ecu. And new headers possibly but not for sure but that's the way to go for inexpensive performance upgrades.

Tapatalk oh yes

Attached Files: