So what have you been pulled over for?

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by WildBill, Aug 1, 2007.

1. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

I thought it might be interesting since we have a underbody legality thread and a Lancer Kills thread that those of us who have been caught by the long arm of the law have some fun telling our tales.

Personally, I have gotten 2 tickets in my life.

1) Clocked by a Texas State Trooper doing 117 mph in a 65 mph zone on the Freeway (oops...). It was on my 17th birthday at 10:30 at night. He could have easily arrested me and booked me, but he simply wrote me a ticket since it was my first offense ever (talk about lucky). Futhermore, because I was technically 17 as of the date of the offense seeing as it was my 17th birthday, according to Texas Law, I wasn't required to go with parents in to see a Judge. I could just pay it off. I worked my ass off at Kroger (where I worked at the time) making minimum wage for a month to foot that $375 bill.

2) Clocked doing 45mph in a 20 mph zone. This time I was on my college campus which I though was 30 mph everywhere, but apparently not. It was some old fat campus cop who was a complete dick trying to act all high and mighty that he could do what he wanted with me. Needless to say, I got that one erased with defensive driving.

So what about yall? What have yall done that you have either been caught or maybe not doing that was wild and crazy with your car?

Bill

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

1. No seatbelt ticket-$159.00
    2. 85 in a 55 and showed my military I.D. and just got a warning

3. y2ray7697

y2ray7697 Well-Known Member

1. Doing 40 in a 35...WTF! (in my Neon in '02)

2. DOing 75 in a 55....(last year in the EVO on the way to a meeting for work)

3. Doin 60 in a 45....(two weeks after I got the GTS...there was a car next to me doing 80 but I got pulled over cuz I was in the passing lane...wtf is that shit he passes me doin 80 sumthin but because i was in the passing lane i get fucked...riiiiite)

4. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

i didnt get pulled over yet. *knock on wood* but i did get a mean parking ticket. :evil:

5. AntonygTs

AntonygTs Well-Known Member

goin 80 in a 65 on the way 2 orlando then the cop realized my car was to sexy and had to be sumtin to rong wit it so he gave me a warnin 4 my tints bein to dark and said take dem off wen u get to were u goin or if u get pulled over again wit dem im guna be a heft fine.. dammm state troopers complainin bout everythinin :evil:

6. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

To many to list and various FTA. It totaled $13,000 to pay off and I had my lisc. suspended when I was 19 to about 22. When I finally got it all paid off the clerk behind the desk said my file was the biggest she had ever seen and her and her supervisor was not sure which ticket had orginally suspended my lisc. so they just deleted everything in my file so I can get my lisc. back. I once got a ticket just going the speed limit. Cop said I should have been going 5 miles below the posted speed limit because of unsafe driving conditions. It had started to rain :roll:

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^damn man, thats crazy!!!

8. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Young and dumb and the cops hated me. I was targeted because they thought I was some kind of gang leader. I got so tired of going to court I just didn't bother. So that added more fines on top of the current fines. I had three tickets in about a weeks time for not having my insurance card on me and those cost like 1,500 a piece. 8O Even though I had insurance at the time I never went to court so judgement was against me.

9. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

xx dEFaULt tOo lOnG ToO lIsT xx

10. RebeLJesse

RebeLJesse Member

ok i got one it happened 2 years ago
    me and this kid who was talking sh1t about my car was racing down a oneway road from light to light it must of been a mile and a half. he was driving an old cutlass i think with some cheap ass american racing rims and i was driving a mitsu mirage fully customize anyways when the light turned green i went doing 80 or something on a 25, 5 sec later i looked back and he was 10 cars back of course i was amp. so i taught it was over so i slowed down and turn right as i was turning he was turning next thing i know the yellow line was under my car and we was going pretty fast and just up ahead an old lady was turning left from oncomming lane as she was turning he t-bone her and kept going, i turn to avoid them and ended up swiping a SUV's left bumper. next thing i know we got charge with reckless driving speeding racing and some other sh1t and facing 30 days in jail and some fines. lucky i got off with a year probation and some fines dont know how the kid did.

11. ThePinoy

ThePinoy Well-Known Member

got pulled over like 6 months ago when i just bought my car when i still have no plates and funny thing was i was on a date that night and she was OMG WHAT DID YOU DO!? i was like ummmm i bought a new car thats what i did. then when the cop pulled to my window i said the one thing you always say to cop witch is "what seems to be the problem officer" when i said that i just could not keep a strait face. so the cop was like why dont you have plates i said cause its a brand new car. he said ok so y dont you have plates i was WTF i just told you it a brand new car i mean i have to wait a bit to get the plates. i got the registration on the windsheild if you wanna see it. the cop felt really stupid after i said that so he froze for a second and dident know what to say so he hit me with the have you been drinking gimmike i said no sir but do you wanna check anyways. then he said verry funny then he said do i have a record i was like hell no clean as a whissle (i do pride myself of that as crazy as i act) then i was like well sir im kinda in a hurry i kinda wanna take her to eat now shes kinda hungry and she was like what then was all embarassed then we was like ok well just take it easy and stay outta trouble. so yea i prrity much got pulled over for haveing a new car witch sounds like a cool reason to get pulled over rite?

12. Nashawn

Nashawn Member

Doing 90 in a 60 - $280/$50 DIP Class
    Doing 71 in a 55 - $95
    Driving with rear brake lights out - Repair Slip
    Driving on and possession of a Suspended License - Court Date on Oct. 11

Unfortunately I didn't know that my license was suspended from the first ticket because I didn't attend Driver Improvement Classes. The good thing is that I didn't get arrested. I took the classes and I got my license back but I still have to go to court.

13. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

I used a carpool onramp when I was driving alone....cop sitting at the top.

I told him that I had to swerve to miss a stopped car and ended up in the lane and couldnt get out (there was a line of cars in the regular lane) and so he gave me an "accidental HOV violation" ticket. No point against me but the ticket was $400+ TOTALLY worth it for not getting the point! :D

14. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

got a warning for doing 75 in a 45

also got a warning for doing donuts in my publix parkin lot

15. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

Leaving the seen of an accident i hit a tree when i was younger with my mas truck
    Faiulre to abay permit
    Wreakless driving

And then the lancer got me a 45 in a 35 but the officer let it go and instead gave me a 180 dollar ticket for a improper license plate display. i had an altlanta falkons cover on it,

16. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

I was on my way to work last week, when a police officer made a U-Turn in front of me. So I keep driving along when I notice he's passing traffic in the next lane comming up behind me, I wasn't speeding or anything so I thought nothing of it when the guy turns on his flashers. So I pull to the side to let him pass and he pulls up behind me, so he walks up and I say "what's the problem officer?" And he says that's a pretty big muffler you got there is it stock? I say "no" (DUH!!!) So he says can I look under the hood to see if there are any illegal modifications? so I pop the hood he looks around and spends some time checking out my speaker wire (must've thought it was some new type of nitrous line or sumthin') so he comes back says that's a pretty big muffler again and sorry for the delay and walks off.

17. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

I got stuck on the diamond lane side of an onramp when I was alone and there was a cop there. I explained what happened:

I had swerved to avoid someone and ended up in the lane. The regular lane was stopped with people at the onramp red light and so I had to go up the diamond lane.

So the cop gave me a "driving alone in the carpool lane on accident" ticket. $450 but no point on my record :lol:

18. Budrow

Budrow Well-Known Member

Total 16 times to be pulled over. and Im only 17 gonna be 18 on Jan 14!!!!

But I havnet got a ticket yet *knock on wood* worst one was doin 76 in a 65 in the lancer. In my Sonoma Display of white lights to rear? Then on that stop they got me with expired insurance but no ticket. and I have forgotten the rest. Even my own dad has pulled me over! lol

19. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Me being young and hispanic...Can't keep count :D haha

In the Lancer however:

-Pulled over for speeding (first speeding ticket ever...so ghey)
    -Pulled over because the Cop wanted to make sure my brand new car wasn't something stolen.

20. Fokado

Fokado Member

Never been pulled over.