SeRious08's Projects: Turbo Complete!!! Video Pg 8

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by SeRious08, Jan 5, 2009.

1. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Here are pics of the car a week after I bought her. I immediately went to work modding. I painted all that fake carbon fiber crap and the engine covers electric blue to match the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, I have broken down and decided to post some of my projects. I have a few others but I am working with RRM to possibley have them mass produce them. One is the gauge pod. If Brian and Rob say no, I'll post the pics of my gauge pod. :D

First, here is some progress on my custom fiberglass door pods. They will house a set of Pioneer TS-A1702Cs and a set of TS-A1672Rs. The crossover will be flushmounted to hid wires in the small square portion that you see in the MDF. I should have it trimmed, wrapped, and resin layed this weekend. :D

In these pics, the wood wasn't trimmed or permenantly mounted yet.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] :D

2. SeRious08

Re: SeRious08's Projects

Here is my trunk. Many have asked what Just For Looks Car Audio is all about. We believe in the "K.I.S.S" Rule (Keep It Simple Stupid). I don't believe in the large excessive in weight fiberglass trunks that have no functioning room.

Here I have installed a false wall that houses my Pioneer TS-SW3041D and the Pioneer GM-D8400M amp. The amp will fit flushmounted in the hole. If you notice the side panels also contain the Mitsubishi Logo. There are 4 blue Varad l.e.d.s that light up and shine through it.

Also, I have installed a false floor with a hidden piano hinge that allows access to the spare tire.

And for those wondering, I am still able to fit my golf clubs and full golf bag in there. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. SeRious08

I know several of you will be interested in these and I am willing to make a few pairs for a decent price.

CUSTOM TWEETER PODS:

I hated the look of the stock ones, not to mention the sound quality of the tweeter was horrible. So I made my own with better imaging to improve the sound quality and looks. :D

This pic was taken from the drivers seat-
    [​IMG]

This pic was taken from the passenger side door open and slightly above to show the angling-
    [​IMG]

4. SeRious08

UPDATE:

Here is the passenger door pod sanded and waiting for the Evercoat body filler. I placed it on the door to see how it would line up. Everything looks good so far.

[​IMG]

In this pic, the bottom or far right corner is misaligned. I promise it lines up perfect!!!
    [​IMG]

5. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

looks good. i would like that

6. SeRious08

Thank you sir.

7. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

man i wish i knew how to do this kind of stuff. i would have to pay someone to do it and that can cost a lot

8. SeRious08

If you only lived in Texas.....

I am always willing to share my knowledge and give free classes.

I had a guy drive up from Houston and showed him how to make kick-pods. My services were free, he just had to pay for the supplies which was about $60. :D Now he has the knowledge to make other stuff.

I am a firm believer that in the car audio business, hording info and not sharing it only hurts it. Therefore I have always had an open door policy.

9. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

yep it sucks. but thanks for the offer

10. Redline1

i wish i could go out there and learn, there is no one here that would take me under there wing

11. SeRious08

I had 2 guys a long time ago when I worked at a place called Mad House Performance that showed me everything. I am just continuing the trend. You know, pay it forward.

12. Redline1

that was a good moive, and yea, i try to teach what little i know to people

13. SeRious08

Just for an update, I have purchased the following items:

RRM Turbo kit
    Evo black taillights
    RRM Carbon Fiber bumper cap
    RRM Carbon Fiber front splitter
    RRM Carbon Fiber grill
    RRM License plate side mount kit

Next month I will be ordering:

Progress Rear sway bar
    RRM lower tie bar set
    RRM lower truss bar
    RRM brake pads
    RRM front slotted rotors
    RRM rear slotted rotors
    Carbon Fiber hood

14. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Im assuming you have now become RRM's BEST FRIEND! lol Congrats on the bonus big dawg. And cant wait to see your car flying, lookin sick.

15. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

I want all this things to!!!

Anyone out there how buy it for me??

16. SeRious08

I just trust thier products. I know that they need some rep out there to show what the turbo can do. Then maybe others will follow my lead.

17. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

I would like to follow your lead, but the law in Austria sucks.
    So I would get in big troubles if I install the turbo without any certificate.
    But that will be to expensive for me.
    The certificates for the exhaust air is about 7000$ and if you got it, it´s not sure that they will except it.
    This F***** YE***!!!

"Keep cool guy!!°

18. SeRious08

OUCH!!! That does suck. I think at that point it would be worth just buying one already turboed.

19. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Hey Serious08, I live near Houston myself. Maybe you could give me some classes. BTW pm me if you want an extra hand on installing that turbo or anything else, I might be able to make a trip up there to help you out depending on what day you do the install.

20. mitchGTS

mitchGTS Well-Known Member

Wow looks like you know what your at. I would love to do something like that but it would be a major FAIL on my behalf lol... Good work!