Salvage 06 Lancer ES Build Thread

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by squid267, Jul 12, 2010.

1. squid267

squid267 Well-Known Member

Alright I'm 16, needed a car and I didn't have a lot of money. My dad went ahead and bought a salvage car under the support of a friend. This friend promised to fix it within 2 weeks and he didn't. Heres my story about my first car.

Bought this car April 10th, 2010.

Red 06 Lancer ES.
    • 55k miles
    • EVO wing
    • Engine runs good

BUT its a salvage car so heres the pics from that day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These were the pictures shown to me, I was at work this day. I said go ahead buy it because it looked good to me. Little did I know it was a salvage car with front end damage.

That day I went home and checked out the pictures off their website.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I was not too excited when I saw this. But back to what happened. So this guy who promised to fix the car towed it from NH to MA. He said he already has parts for it. He said he has a 07 bumper. I feel stupid now because theres no such thing a 07 Lancer. Well he said he would do so much for the car like put in a xbox in the back, a double din pioneer nav in the dash. I didn't care for any of this, I said just make the car run and I'm good. I hope you know which direction this story is going but we paid him $500 to completely fix the car. I was stunned because I knew $500 was definitely not enough to fix the car. So he promised to fix it one week. A week passed, and he said he was straightening the frame. Ok give him another week. Then he said he was waitign on parts from Japan. This is where I get suspicious..because he said he had parts. But whatever gave him another week. He stopped answering our calls but we found out where the car was so we went to take a look at how much work was done. This is what we saw a month later.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yeah I was mad. I really don't know why but my dad gave him another chance. This time he asked for $1000. My dad refused to give it to him, but my dads lawyer who recommended the guy gave him $1000. Another MONTH passed, still no work done except more trash was in it. That when I found a close friend of mine who would fix it for me.

I got the car towed to my friends place.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So now its June 14, 2010. I go to Connecticut to buy a Fender, Bumper, and Hood, and a few extra things I needed. Parts came off a OZ Rally I believe. Total cost: $969.00.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. squid267

Dry Fit 6/15/10

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After a week. 6/21/10

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brought it back to my place. I bought the wrong tails and had to return em. I bought 02 tails. Stupid me. Windshield still had to be fixed. Got these things fixed last week. Took dash out and painted it a flat black.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today. The caddy is what ive been driving. It 87' Eldorado. SUCKS ON GAS. The first guy who was supposed to fix the car let me use that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

PS These pictures are from last week thats why he tails are stock.

SO now im waiting to get the car painted. Im painting just he fender and bumper. Keeping the hood black. Goign buy 3M Di Noc Carbon Fiber Film for it. I put dealer plates on the Lancer and drove it, little did I know the Fender Liner wasnt bolted on right. The fender liner melted right off because it dragged against the ground. I had to pay $56 to buy another one from the dealership. Got hub caps yesterday.

Things to do:
    PAINT IT
    PASS SALVAGE INSPECTION
    PASS REGULAR INSPECTION
    GET PLATES

Thats my story about my first car. But I will update this thread because I still have plans. I noticed the Lancer takes off fast but VERY SLOW at accelerating. Really contemplating a turbo setup and if the tranny gives out im switch to manual soo fast haah. Need rims asap, I have the most ghetto hub caps ever. they have fake lug nuts on em and everything. I want to finish off the interior by painting everything black.

UPDATE 7/12/10: left the car at a garage Friday. Going paint just the Bumper and Fender red and keep the hood red.

3. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

WOW that s pretty crazy

4. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

You said it SINE! Where do you stay at? Im sure there are ppl here that can help you if you need any electrical help. I noticed you were missing the power side mirrors switch and some other electrical stuff. And turbo it asap so that way you can know if you need that new 5 speed tranny. They are easy to come across for the 4G94 engine. And LOl on the 07 lancer.

5. squid267

Thanks for the replies. I pulled the dash out so I could paint it. I have the power mirror switch and everything. I need to update those pictures. Turbo is going cost atleast around 5k, so I'm starting to save up now. One thing if I did turbo it and then switched the auto tranny for a 5 speed, wouldnt I have to make changes to the turbo setup to work correctly? I'm in the Worcester area of MA. I feel so dumb about the 07 lancer thing.

6. Jogenmaru

The 07 lancer thing got me too. So your good. You can pull a the whole turbo kit from an evo 8 and it bolts right up except for the manifold. You will have to get a custom one made. Try speedcorps.com. I think they still make them. 5k is too much for a turbo. If you want a kit ready to go without the tuning roadracemotorsports.com sells one for $4.2. Most think that is too much for a turbo that only provides 5-7 psi boost. And as for making changes to the turbo if you do the 5 speed swap Im sure you just need to change the pipes and you can find that cheap. Just remember that an evo 8 turbo set-up bolts on to our lancers. But I do know that you will need to change the tune for it. The timing for an auto is completely different from a manual. But when you do turbo you are going to need to buy a motor mount. Road Race also makes that. Some of my turbo kit is being sourced from them. The rest is coming from an evo 8. I think Im only going to use there turbo piggyback and manifold. I also have a thread up here for turbo kits for our engines.
    uummm here. It's in the forced induction section

http://lancertuners.com/fuerza/showthread.php?t=8107&p=103288#post103288

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  7. squid267

Thanks Jogenmaru. Its going be a lot easier if I can just get my hands on a evo8. Thanks for the info. Very USEFUL. Im going check out the thread you posted right now. Thanks again!

8. squid267

got the bumper and fender painted. i cant get the srs light to go away.

9. Jogenmaru

I think the srs light is the air bag check but I do not know for sure. That is just a random guess.

It is the air bag check. Just looked it up. That may be something only the dealer (Mitsubishi) can remove for you. But it will stay on if you don't have an airbag. And even after you get an airbag you will need the module reset for it to go off. I'm not too sure on this either but if your battery is unplugged for more than 72 hours everything is reset. Do not quote me on it. I don't know for sure. I've never had that issue before. And when you do have the battery unplugged for more than 30 mins, when you plug it back in let it idle for atleast 30 mins without you touching it or anything.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  10. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I didn't see it in the pics, but I have the surround that goes around the speedo cluster. Got it in some random intirior parts that I picked up.....I'll let ysa have it real cheap if you need it......

11. Jogenmaru

I will have my OZ Rally seats up for sale in a few months. If you would like some kind of style added. They are only going to be the fronts. I also have my original stock intake as well if you need it. If you need a part I'm sure someone on this site has it as a spare they can sell to you for cheap or something.

12. squid267

GOOD NEWS GUYS. Its painted and the srs light when away. The stealership wanted $95 to diagnose the problem. My dads friend has a son who works with cars and a Snap On Scanner. He check the code and it was somethign to do with the seatbelt! He did it for free. So tomorrow is the big day. I hope it pass the salvage inspection. Now for pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BTW Jogenmaru, I'm deff might be interested in those seats.

13. Jogenmaru

Oh yea...i forgot about that with the srs light as well. It's a clip under the driver side seat that has to be attached.

14. locke_09

locke_09 Member

Wow. What a story. Im glad things worked out it looks good hopefully the inspection goes well.

15. squid267

well this is frustrating. the tow truck never showed up. and i couldnt use my friends dealer plate to move the car either. guess im going have to wait til monday now.

16. Jogenmaru

:(

17. squid267

yea. they made up some bullshit excuse like oh we didnt know. welll I called on thursday. i got another person to tow it on mon. seems very reliable. we'll see

18. ozrallyredeptx456

ozrallyredeptx456 Active Member

Dude I know what you mean!! After I got my lancer from a dealership in Alberquerque our agent wouldnt answer his phone and we couldnt get proof of insurance so we couldnt drive it home. We ended up having to get a loan from the dealership. Anyway after that I poped the hood and cleaned the engine bay and I cleaned the battery and i disconnected it. When I went for my inspection my O2 sensor reset itself and I didnt pass... After driving for a whole day I went in again and i didnt pass because my left highbeam wouldnt work ($45 to fix, psh i fixed it myself). I went in again and one of my license plate lights wouldnt work so i didnt pass again ($10 to fix for a light bulb that cost $2) so ya dude talk about fustrating

19. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

hey didnt tell you that all the first time? thats fucked up, when i worked at a dealership detailing, they did a full inspection and wrote down everything that was wrong with it at once

20. squid267

yup. i totally understand hwo you feel. you fix one thing and another thing comes up. the one thing i havent fixed is the AC. theres a leak in the ac condenser but im going fix AFTER the salvage inspection. i already bought it, its comes in from connecicut. if i fail cause of that im going be sooo mad. todays the big day. everyone wish me luck!