RRM carbon engine cover

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by Gui dube987, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Gui dube987

Gui dube987 New Member

Hello im new to this forum, i just bought a ralliart 2005 and i really love it! but i saw on roadracemotorsports that they used to make engine cover in carbon but they dont do them anymore...
    I emailed them to see if it was possible to get one and they told me they dont have the mold for it...
    So i was wondering if someone has one and would want to sell it??
    If nobody does, do you know how i could make it myself?

Thx :)

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Yeah, RRM has gotten out of the 04-06 RA stuff. I have no clue where you could pick one up. Making one would be fairly difficult, due to most CF parts needing to be heat and pressure molded. I would suggest finding a used OEM cover and wrapping it in some DiNoc carbon vinyl. Its not true CF, but it looks pretty good when done right and is a hell of a lot cheaper than true CF.

3. Gui dube987

Gui dube987 New Member

Haha but i think im gonna try to make one, i've always wanted to try to make fiberglass and carbon fiber parts, so im gonna make a fiberglass mold and after im going to try making a real carbon fiber cover, if everythig goes well im gonna post it here to show you, but if everything goes wrong im gonna cover it..
    If im able to do something nice with real carbon fiber im gonna doo my plastic interior too :)

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad