REAR SWAY BARS

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by bras_33, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

RRM has the anti-sway rear bar available and less than 179.99. Size of the bar-22mm. Comparison: GTS-20mm, ES-18mm. Sorry for you DE people :( , but it is in the works

yeah boyeee.

stuff009.jpg

2. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

i looked on the website and didnt see it...

3. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Comparison

I thought that all the models where the same except in the GTS the wheel size and brake calipars are larger. So the ehy would there have to be different diadmeters for the sway bar. Sorry if this is a stupid question Bras-33. Am i confused the body's are all the same am i right. Man i wish i had more 2008 Lancer tuners here in Dartmouth. But i"ll figure this stuff out one day lol.

4. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

It helps with the handling characteristics of the car, they thicker and stiffer the bar(basically), the less sway the body does into the turn.

5. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

also on the track they tested it on, they said they had a faster time than a WRX.

6. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

im so sure they did lol

7. bras_33

Re: Comparison

Consult the 08 Lancer brochure or go to the mitsu site, it will explain the difference between each model. It does have the same body yes, but suspension wise the GTS and the ES are different. I may be wrong but the calipers are the same on the GTS and ES

8. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

SCORE!! I just ordered the rear sway bar and the piggy back. I can wait til I get it

9. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

^^post pics. let us kno how the Rear Sway bar feels, i might get one soon.

10. bras_33

hopefully there will be a difference. for the GTS, i am not sure thats 2mm will a difference from stock but from an ES its 4mm and thats kinda significant.

11. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

The fact that it is two way adjustable will make a difference either way. For GTS owners it is worth it as well.

12. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

^+1

there will still be a big difference. Its like one of the best things to get for upgrading suspension.

13. 5speedracer

5speedracer Active Member

I ran the numbers for those of you who are interested...

its 1.46 times stiffer than the GTS stock bar

And 2.23 times stiffer than the stock ES bar

Supposively your supposed to be able to whip your rear end around better, which I like the sound of, but I'd like some proof before I lay down 200 on this one.

14. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

With my GTS I can already throw the rear out in a controlled manner due to the stock bar. The RRM one will give you a bit more control, especially when it is set tight.

15. chetman7

just installed the sway bar. it was relatively easy, used a jack , 2 jack stands and wheel stops for the front wheels. The only problem I encountered was that I hand tightened the screw to hard and it broke. I actually had to take it to a shop to get the screw out.

there are 2 sets of hols to mouint. I used the hardest setting.

Test drive:

This was put on a gts. The RRM bar has 2 mm over the stock. I drove around whipping turns to seeif I could feel the difference. The difference was very minute. I noticed when turning that I could feel the weight of the back of the car on the steeting wheel. Not too sure if i like it or not. I will have to drive a bit more to feel it better. But as of right now, my first impressions of this bar is not worth the money. This is just my two cents. I think DE ES owners will get more out of this bar then the GTS's

16. bras_33

Which holes did you mount the rear bar? From the pic, the holes that are closer to the front of the car are softer. If you used the last (going towards the front.) its a bit stiffer than the other hole...did I make sense on that?

17. chetman7

^^ kinda ....sorta....no lol bu yea I noe wat u meant

I used the hard setting which is the holes closed to the end. The soft setting are the holes closest to the rest of the bar. I might as well try the soft setting..... but we are men.we don't " soft " things....

the way I think of it.... if I put it on the soft setting I prob won't be able to feel the effects of it from the stock bar.

18. bras_33

Thats right!!! :D

19. chetman7

I read the directions wrong....the soft setting is the holes toward the end of the bar. The holes closest to the bend in the bar are the hard setting. so technically I had it on the soft setting the whole time which is prob why I really didn't feel that big of a change ....I can wait to chANGE It up to the hard setting.

20. bras_33

^good luck. :thumbleft:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.