Rattles

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by lovemylancer420, Oct 23, 2007.

1. lovemylancer420

lovemylancer420 Well-Known Member

If anyone is interested, the back plastic part behind the rear seats was continually rattling from my aftermarket stereo and it was driving me nuts. so i improvised.

i took out the child restraint covers and and wrapped some old tshirt around a golf ball once and wedged it under the plastic so it wouldnt rattle off the body and the rest of the shirt was hanging out. i did it under all three covers and just put the covers back on. i used the tshirt to avoid more rattles and to be able to pull out the golf ball if i need to/want to.

TADA! No more rattles.

Cheaper than dynamat!

Anyways, there it is if it helps anyone!

2. 1saiah

1saiah Member

waddup doode did it really help the rattles, and how did u take off the plastic behind the rear seats...

3. franchise5star

franchise5star Well-Known Member

yea dat rattling is driving me nuts too.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

u must not have the fold down rear seats. Why dont you guys just remove the plastic and wrap it in trunk liner material and reinstall it. this should dampen it.

5. 1saiah

1saiah Member

wrap wut in trunk liner..and where can u find trunk liner..crapy tire...

6. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

i have the same damn problem, i dont have the fold down seats either...

i literally spend over an hour trying to take that plastic off, with no luck...

i have an aftermarket audio system and i dont even crank it that much cause the rattling..... LancerGTS heard it and know what im talking about lol

7. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

yea could we get more info on what your talking about, i just had 2 12's installed and it rattles like crazy unless the bass is down at 0 or 1 :evil:

8. Lancer-Randy

Lancer-Randy Well-Known Member

can you post some pics? cause mine rattles too but idk i want to see how you did it

9. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

jeez.. i have the bass at -6 and when im parked at my place my rooms window rattles when my system is at 40 :D

10. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

I have two 10's and there is no point to put the bass past -4 or you'll get a headache from all of the rattling , and dynamat is to damn expensive :x

11. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

i got the same damn problem also, i did what you said and i cant believe how well it works :) perfect for a cheep as like me :)

12. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

did what?
    and bass on the navi isnt in numbers so i cant really compare it to yours