question 2010 lancer

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by strangeshadow, May 7, 2010.

1. strangeshadow

strangeshadow Member

im 19 and im buying the new 2010 lancer i want to tune it up .. spoiler turbo ect ect what would you guys recomend for parts ... i want good parts but at the same time cheap as possible btw the car is b lack im getting blacks rims.. also how do you make the front of it light up like i saw in someones signature.. may i add that im new to modding and everything this is the first car ive bought i want it to look fast and go fast

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

It won't really go too fast. Our cars weren't really made for speed. If you're talking about the person's signature where it's lighting up behind the grill, then you could just buy some led strips and wire a switch to them like a friend of mine and I did on his truck. Pretty simple. RRM has a turbo kit, but there aren't very many places that have turbos for the 8th gens from what I understand.

3. carter RR

carter RR Active Member

Don't buy a lancer, buy an evo or ralliart

4. strangeshadow

strangeshadow Member

i want to but i dont make that much money and i have 5000 cash for the down payment and i dont want to pay more then 250 a month

5. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

ok in which case, buy a lancer (doesnt matter if its a DE, ES, ES Sport, or GTS) and make sure that bitch is a manual because the CVT or auto will throw those plans out the window. If you want to go right for the big stuff get the RRM turbo. It's $4300 and to my knowledge its the only working turbo kit for the regular lancer.

6. ThriceAsNice

ThriceAsNice Well-Known Member

If youre looking for speed, a regular lancer cant handle that much because the 2010 are 2.4L? which is still not too big of an engine.

7. KillzBugzFast

KillzBugzFast Well-Known Member

I'd like to disagree on the engine size being the fault factor of the lack of speed. The Evo has only a 2.0L, S2000 has a 2.2L, there are 1.8L that can be quick if they are done right and I know for a fact that what it comes down to is how you put your performance parts together. The combination of how you tune your car and the weight (power to weight ratio) is the most important factor for speed in my opinion.
    And in addition, I wouldnt jump right into getting a turbo kit for your car if your new with mods on cars. You'll just wind up killing your engine because you won't know how to take proper care for a boosted engine. My advise is learn as much as you can, about anything you look to do, before you get it. Some ez first mods most people do are Intakes, cat-back exhausts, springs/ shocks, strut bars.
    Turbo kits are gunna cost you a lot of money and you more than likely wont be able to install it yourself so plan on paying an extra fee just for installment PLUS a good tune after.

8. strangeshadow

strangeshadow Member

thanks guys also a few more questions i want to put a box in my trunk that holds 2 12's is that a good idea? i also wana get all new speakers ... and on the looking fast part what about that what advice you guys got on that .... i want to make my car black black rims black out lights and green neon on the bottom and wheel wells

9. KillzBugzFast

your definition of "looking fast" could be more than one type of look. Thats more of a personal preference of what YOU like. Most people who like a "fast" look, like an "aggressive" look. Lowering your car a couple inches is probably the quickest way to get the look you are looking for. Rims to follow the stance of your ride.
    You should look into coil over suspension if your planning on getting the best performance for your buck. Check out wheelfire.com for rim packages. Other sites you should look into: RRM.com , LancerShop.com , Body-kits.com
    As for the subs, thats adding weight to your car. If you want to make this car as quick as you can with what little performance comes from a stock Lancer, adding weight is not the way to go. Serious mods for race oriented performance includes stripping out whats not necessary: Factory seats, back seats, sound systems, door panels, all trim paneling, carpet, etc.
    Instead of trying to make this car Fast, look into what would make it Fun and sporty. It will save you money. Save your plans for Top performance for another model Lancer like an Evo.
    I just wish someone was willing to help me this much on things I needed to know. haha

10. KillzBugzFast

Oh, one more thing, I noticed you posted that this is your first car?? If youre like most people out there, you more than likely will crack it up, hate to tell you. That being said, you should keep in mind what you spend on parts for your car. And always keep receipts for anything you buy for it, for your insurance just in case anything like that should ever happen.

11. strangeshadow

strangeshadow Member

what do you mean by making it fun and sporty? cus i kinda wana make it a street racing type car but at the same time want the subs lol .. and this is the first car im buying ive had another car b4 just i didnt pay for it it was a gift

12. strangeshadow

strangeshadow Member

best way i can describe it is kinda fast and the furious evo look not so much the performance on that end cus im broke lol

13. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

if you want a car thats fast dont get a regular lancer. theyre economy cars that look really nice. there not the slowest car out there, but they are not the fastest by far if you want a fast car by a used evo, wrx, civic si (civics are gay though), or you can even get a ralliart, you can find 05 ralliarts under 10k, and you can make them really quick really easily, and they look amazing. but thats jus my two cent.

14. strangeshadow

strangeshadow Member

my local mitsubishi dealer has a used evo9 that was a trade in i dunno whats wrong with it but its all modded out and crap i wanted to buy it but since my parents r cosigning for me my mom wants tme to get a new car for the manufacturer warranty

15. 2010_GTS

2010_GTS Well-Known Member

killzbugz is right, take moding ur car slow dont just jump into things. you gotta do research on what mods r availbable, good parts arent cheap and cheap parts arent good. STAY AWAY FROM EBAY NO NAME BRAND PARTS LOL!! i dont know much about the RRM turbo but goin turbo on a stock block is not really such a great idea and goin turbo when u dont know much about turbos is an even worse idea. vleds .com is a great place to look into lighting. if you want to put subs into ur car i recommend you striip your car of stuff like carpeting and spare tire before u put the subs in. adding weight to ur car is only gonna slow u down. if you have any questions on what mods to get just ask we'll all u out as much as possible.

16. ThriceAsNice

ThriceAsNice Well-Known Member

If youre going to buy a lancer start out with making it look aggressive. If you still want more speed, then save up, be the first on here to take out the engine and put a whole new one and create your own turbo! Haha man i wish i could do that

17. KillzBugzFast

Bad idea. Id only recommend doing this if your the kind of person who gets horny off a base model Lancer body!! No1 does with this body style! The Evo is hotter. Doing an engine swap is WAY out of the question with ANY Lancer in my opinion.

18. strangeshadow

strangeshadow Member

whats a aggressive look ...

19. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

you can make it look however you want to, take a look a peoples progress report on here. there are so many different styles you can do its insane. and about the no name ebay stuff, thats a lie. true some are garbage but some arent bad at all. when you go to buy something just look at the revies. its that simple.

20. strangeshadow

strangeshadow Member

can anyone post pictures of different looks as examples?