Problem with SRI

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by TheDude, Sep 3, 2008.

1. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Ive been having this problem for abouth a month now, and ive had my SRI for a lil over that. When i first start up the car, and start driving everything is fine. After driving for about 5 mins or so,i hear this strong noise, i cant really describe it better than it sounding liek its hitting something, only when i drive between 2.2k and 2.7k rpms. Now, the first thing i thought was it was loose. Checked all the connections and pipping, no problems. Tight as shit. Next i thought it was the heat shield hitting something... Took it off... problem still persists. Im also getting some hesitation at around 3k rpms.Now i know everyone is gonna tell me "go call RRM" and i will do that. But i just wanted to know if anyoen else has had this problem and/or what i could do to fix it. Also, my Check engine light came on today. Which is what finally got me to worrying. Any help other than "call RRM" would be awesome. Thanks guys

2. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

1st of all, sorry to hear ur having this problem. I haven't had any problems with my RRM SRI yet. u said that u've already tried takin off the SRI and still heard the sound. I dont believe its a problem with that. I would check the engine mounts, looking for any cracks. Also I would re-install the stock one so you can take Mitsu. up on there warrany :lol:

But thats just my opinion..

3. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

I don't have any problems with mine but take it back to the dealer and do put the original intake back.

4. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

I think i have too much stuff on my car that theyll tell me that its voided..

Also, this problem only started after i installed SRI

5. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

RRM for the win lol
    the only thing imma b getting from then is cosmetics

6. faracinman2

faracinman2 Well-Known Member

I've had a rattling problem and first guess from Mitsu was the heat shield. Then they checked that and it was tightened down. What they found out during my oil change is that my oil filter was loose and thats what was causing the rattling in mine.

7. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

Put your stock intake box back on, start the car and leave it on for 5 mins, turn off your car. Then pull out your battery terminals for like 5 min then put it back on and see if the check engine light is still there

8. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

yeah and when you want to do a diagnostics to figure out whats causing the cel, your not going to know because you disconnected the terminals....

9. adam710

adam710 Member

Hey The Dude, I had the same crap with that sri. Save you from trouble, dont even bother trying to talk to rrm. they will say get a pulley and that hesitation will go away. The point with the sri, there shouldnt be a problem! lol. I had that same hesitation around 2 RPMS. Cut the SRI loose and sell it. I went with K&N drop in filter and loving every second of it. Much, much better improvement with horsepower and somewhat better mpg.