Plastic Cover Behind Rear Seats...

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by TheDude, Jul 24, 2008.

1. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

Ok so you know where the rear seats are, there is a head board i gues you can call it, which serves as a cover over the trunk. Its made out of plastic, so you cant really miss it. Well heres my problem. Ive had my system for a while now, however, this problem has been occuring ever since i bought it. The bass, whether low or high, makes that plastic crap shake to high heaven. At first, i thought it was just my trunk. But then when i opened my trunk, and played my music, the noise continued, and i figured out that it was rattling like hell. My question is, has anyone else had this problem and/or what have you done to fix this? i have yet to think of anything i can put to replace it. All i have been able to do is put my textbooks on it, which hold it down. Any help would be great.

2. nanonyc

nanonyc Well-Known Member

I did have the same problem... go to Home depot and buy the spray foam or just buy the audio matt thing... and put it under it....

3. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

me too,everybump i hit i hear little mouse sqweak bac there.

4. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

5. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

how do you take it off, that thread you posted is not working, i got my stystem coming in today, trying to figrue out how to fix this probelm before it starts

6. ThE_BaRbEr

ThE_BaRbEr Well-Known Member

i have the same problem with mine i have two 12's and it would rattle like crazy. its the plastic hitting the back window becuz of the gap between them. i just stuffed a peice of this rubber mat stuff between the back window and the plastic and it doesnt rattle anymore. now i just have to save up some $$$$ to dynamat the trunk lid cuz that rattles like crazy too and sounds bad

7. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

bump... how do you take apart the rear deck?

8. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

i just took out the back seat and undid the clips to lift up the back cover then stuffed some soft material under the plastic. Also from sinde the trunk u can spray some foam through the holes, but that is pretty half ass

9. prcdslnc13

prcdslnc13 Well-Known Member

and shoving cloth in there isnt?