painting oz rims...

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by patriots1, May 14, 2010.

1. patriots1

patriots1 Active Member

ok. 03 rally, im doing a black and red theme to my car, id like to turn the rims black, but i know if i paint them, there gana just chip.. any ideas on how to get them painted cheap but nice?

2. shieldwolf342

shieldwolf342 Well-Known Member

ive heard a lot about people as a quick cheap solution of using plast-dip if the rims arent curb rashed....

its semi-durable and can be done to clean rims for fairly cheap.

3. patriots1

patriots1 Active Member

there are a tiny bit of marks on it from the chick that owned it before i did. so there is no real way for me to like use a spray on it?

4. shieldwolf342

Plasti-dip does come in spray cans and shud be available at local hardware store

5. patriots1

patriots1 Active Member

ok. and if it doesnt turn out, is it easy to take off?

6. shieldwolf342

yeah just a high pressure wash or scouring a section and then peel away the sections essentially its just a rubberized coating if anything try it on one rim and see how ya like it

7. patriots1

patriots1 Active Member

aight. cool. thanks man. anything i need to do to the rim to prep it?

8. shieldwolf342

clean em really REALLY well pretty much it

9. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I know we have a thread on here all about it. Just search for "plati-dip" or something along those lines, but shield pretty much covered most of it.

10. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i have a red ralley and got my rims painted, it makes a huge difference. i got mine proffesionally done. only cost 150. but it is gloss. the only thing with plasti dip is that it kinda gives it a more of a flat black

11. patriots1

patriots1 Active Member

thats all it costs to have ur profesionally done? thats cheap! i live in pa and the places i went to that are even discount palces are asking like 3-400 dollars. big dif.

12. shieldwolf342

still doing it yourself with some good prep work isn't to bad ive been wanting to do it just dont have the time to let the rims cure enough

13. patriots1

patriots1 Active Member

yea. im sure it does take time. but thanks for the advice. :) next question, how do i put a pic on my signature? i have the pic on my comp already but idk how to get it on here.

14. timschoeliertm

click user cintrol panel under portal, you can change everything there

15. patriots1

patriots1 Active Member

i tried that. didnt work. i think the pic is to big.

16. timschoeliertm

then make it smaller

17. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

^+1

You can make it smaller by using photobucket. Or you could copy and paste it into paint and shrink the image that way or photoshop the image smaller. I'm a fan of simplicity so paint would be my option.

18. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

^^ahhhh...paint. Takes me back to the days of drawing thousands of not-so-round circles and making them all different colors.....

19. patriots1

patriots1 Active Member

hahaha. ok

20. KillzBugzFast

KillzBugzFast Well-Known Member

i used to eat paint chips as a kid. now i drink it wet