No Sound coming out of speakers

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by NjGtSiN, Jun 8, 2009.

1. NjGtSiN

NjGtSiN Well-Known Member

Hey Everyone,

Today my speakers decided to turn off and since then I have had no sound coming out of any of the speakers. The radio turns on fine, cd player, aux. etc... but for some reason no sound... Any help would be great... THANKS...Its the stock rockford system...

2. jc

jc Well-Known Member

check fuses..
    or run a speaker test..
    if all else fails take it to the Dealer

3. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

+1 Check fuses

4. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

There is usually only one fuse that controls the audio stuff. The radio wouldn't turn on. Mote than likeley the POS Rockford Fosgay amp is toast.

5. NjGtSiN

So far today the speakers have been working... There prob. is a problem with the AMP... I will let you no if it keeps on happpening... Thanks for the help..

6. NjGtSiN

Where is the amp located???

7. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

Under the drivers seat

8. NjGtSiN

Went to the dealer... Amp is shot.... I have to wait 3 days.. What a .... Ohh well, hopefully I will get it sometime next week...Driving around with no radio is so muchhhhh funnnnnnn....

9. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Yeah, for some reason, all the amps that mutsu has made are total junk. I had the premium Infinity system when I bought my RA...I think the amp lasted around 8 months. So I bought a small 250 Kenwood amp and new head unit. I put the small amp in the stock location, and ran better wire to each speaker and the tweets.

10. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Told you. That Fosgay crap isn't worth the $1800 they charge.

11. DaMizZa

DaMizZa Active Member

I hate a similar problem, I was stuck listening to music in mono when the drivers side speakers just stopped working randomly. Took it in and explained the problem, there appears to be some sort of TSB related to the Rockford systems that he didn't really tell me much about since I didn't have it. But if anyone is having any problems with their Rockford stereo, I suggest you just take it in, chances are they should know about it. In the end, they had to replace the entire head end of the stereo, the circuit board was messed up or something... Works now though.