no parking lights! but blinkers work??

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Grizzle08, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Grizzle08

Grizzle08 New Member

ok so i just notice a week or so ago that on my 08 GTS that my front parking lights to include the side markers and the main front parking lights dont come on anymore.. BUT all of those lights turn on just fine when they are used as blinkers.. oh and i forgot say that my AUX power port by the shifter doesnt work anymore either.. (that one i havent looked into just yet tho it is annoying)

so im scratching my head on this one cuz ive never ran into this one before.

btw i ruled on that the selector on the blinker switch on the steering colum was bad because upon first click the tails and citys will come on but not the parking lights. IDK guys im lost for ideas in need help on this one!!

2. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

take this to the dealer have them look at the wires and check over the car. they will be able to best diagonos the car

3. Grizzle08

Grizzle08 New Member

im trying to avoid that because im not under warranty anymore and i cant really afford dealer costs right now(saving cuz im going to to getting married in 6 months) do you have any ideas? at least? or even where i can get a book for the car or anything
    ? i really just need the schematics.

4. slickdevil08

well heres a solution. trust me on this one.
    Take it to the dealer. see what they say needs done see how much they say and then they will tell you what the problem is .
    once you know what the problem is then you can try to fix it on your own or who knows might be as easy as then flashing the ecu or putting new bulbs in. maybe cost around 40 bucks

5. Grizzle08

Grizzle08 New Member

alright ill go with it and let you know what the damage is later.. hopefully they can just tell me whats wrong.. ive done plenty of work on other cars but this was my first new car so not much known about it still..

6. slickdevil08

yeah correct me if im wrong but my dealer regardless if under warrenty will tell you whats wrong with it and then say do you wanna pay it and well fix it or what? at that point something easy you could do then just tell em no thanks and do it yourself