Nitrous

Discussion in 'Nitrous' started by jeh438, Dec 12, 2008.

1. jeh438

jeh438 Member

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone has put nitrous yet on an n/a. Or will I be the first?

2. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Please do this and post pictures of any pieces that fly off your engine!

3. Why would pieces fly off his engine? Nitrous will work fine on any internal combustion engine...

4. jeh438

jeh438 Member

don't worry about my engine, i'm just worried why noone else has. The parts i've ordered will be here next week and will post after that.

5. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

what kind of set-up will you be doing?

6. jeh438

jeh438 Member

It's a wet sysytem as soon as I can find the testport.

7. bras_33

how many shot???

to be safe, a 50shot dry would do just fine...until you have the "DANGER TO MANIFOLD" flashing on your laptop

8. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Then you yell "SHUT UP!!" and slam it shut... :lol:

9. bras_33

/\ +1 lol

10. LuvMyLancer

You're lucky that 50 shot of NOS didn't blow the welds on the intake. Now me and the mad scientist gotta rip apart the engine, and replace the piston rings you fried.

somethin like that... I think he says 100 shot of NOS though.... lol

11. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

why is this kind of subject all too familiar...

12. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

*peter griffin laugh* Fast and Furious.

13. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

so.....anyone has done this yet??? Any updates, pics, videos? I had a wet kit on my 4g64 SOHC 98 galant.. I had a 35 shot.. it felt like a king kong kicked me in the ass when i pressed that button. 50 shot would be safe, but no more than 75 is recommended.. I have been down that road before with nitrous, i have seen blown engined with people having 100 shot. But for our 4b11 engines 50 would be good!

get a oil plug with a magnet on it to pull down any metal shavings that maybe in the oil after nitrous usage.

14. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

i want Nitrous! 8O 8O 8O Would be sick! on a 4b12 :twisted: Cant w8 to see ur set up bro!

15. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

movie quotes...awesome. i agree with jake on this one...no more than a 50 shot. never juiced my R/A, but i did have a 50 shot on my old '96 nissan 4x4. lol i don't think it was in any way necessary, but it was way fun.

16. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Ok Ok....put the DVD down and slowly back off.....

17. LuvMyLancer

I actually haven't watched that movie in a few months... :lol:

18. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

unfortunatly...i have ::hangs head in shame::

19. jeh438

jeh438 Member

As soon as I get it set up i will post an indepth install. The way it's looking it should be pretty routine. I ordered my stuff on wed so I figured mon or tues before i get it in. As soon as we can find the damn testport we can get that other line ran for th wet ket. I'm going to have to trim the underside of the engine cover just a touch I think. I'm pretty excited. Is there someone that already has set it up yet in the 08?

20. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

no i don't think so. i'm pretty sure you will be the first