New springs and anti-lock breaks

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by Conduct, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

ok, so I just recently found out that if you replace your springs your cars computer will not register the load of tension when you break, this is how I crashed my car a couple days ago, just thought you all should knowing case you are going to purchase new springs.

2. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

what springs to u have ?

3. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

Hmm.. can you explain it a little more? Maybe in terms a not so car-savy can understand.. :? sry. Also, how did you crash man?

4. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

yea what springs do you have????

5. blacksheep818

blacksheep818 Well-Known Member

cuz if it has to do with load of the car then i might just get the WORKS springs cuz they keep weight of car balanced with they're even drop

6. Conduct

i bought the rrm springs v2, anyways the body shop told me the wheeled locked up is because my car didnt register the weight

7. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Thats kind of odd...No matter what is going on your car weighs the same...it must have something to do with the increase in weight on the front springs when you slam on your brakes....a stiffer spring will not compress as much, I guess that is what registers the ABS?

From what I had learned and always thought...ABS registers from the actual wheel when it suddenly slows...some sort of speed/time ratio. There is some trigger there that causes ABS to kick in at the right time...maybe I am wrong :lol:

8. tatsujo

I thought they fully tested their springs, did their homeworks, test and test.. I hope they still have the v1 then.

9. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

this sounds way to weird for me.....changing your springs will make your ABS malfuction ????.....since when ???? your break system has its own sensors and the springs do not have any sensors, so how does this mess with the ABS ???

did you ever think that maybe the wheels didnt lock up and you just didnt stop in-time??? cuz that makes alot more sense than what your saying.

10. Conduct

I wasn't convinced myself but so far thats what the body shop and another one of my friends told me, maybe my incident was just a fluke and something weird happend, but hopefully I'm wrong, I really doubt that RRM would put something out that wouldn't have been fully tested.

11. Nemo420

this is very true cuz of the fact that our springs were tested and i have had my springs V1 just about since they came out and i have had no problems with anything. like i said, maybe you just didnt stop in-time. think about it, your hearing this from a body shop, not a machanic and im not a machanic but i have worked on alot of cars and what your saying makes no sense to me at all. but this is IMO.

12. Subawho

Lets be realistic here...do you really think that any aftermarket place is CRASH testing their product? :roll:

13. tatsujo

There is a difference between v1 and v2...

And like Steve said, who puts on springs, drive, then test crashes their springs?

14. Nemo420

you dont have to crash to test the springs.....how old are you guys??? and the only difference is the stance, not the spring rate.

15. tatsujo

How old? Obviously older than you.

We're trying to have a logical conversation of what could be the cause and you go around trying to attack everyone like a kid. Yeah, real tuff guy man.

16. Nemo420

lmao, dude im 28 and have been racing cars for years. im being REAL, there is no sensors on the springs and if you think that the springs had something to do with the ABS malfunctioning then you must be young and not know about cars, or you can be older and not know about cars, but in most cases, your young and think you know about cars. not attacking anyone like a kid, im sorry if you take everything i say offensive but this is how adults talk or at least how this adult talks and speaks his mind.

just something for you to think about.....i have had RRM springs since they came out and i drive over 100 miles a day, in and out of traffic. in this sense i have did my own testing and found nothing wrong with the springs. so like i said, maybe you just didnt stop in-time!!!

17. Subawho

Yep I have to agree with Tatsu on this one. I actually though about responding but Nemo seems to be too confident in his own nut sac to really care. I guess what I had heard about him was right :lol:

18. Nemo420

yeah real logical. no one has came up with anything else but blaming the springs. you guys are real funny! hahaha :lol:

respond and speak your mind, im not scared nor do i take it to the butt like some little kids.

FUNNY!!! :p :lol: :p

19. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

I got aftermarket springs......slammed on my breaks earlier today in the snow.....my abs definitly kicked in

20. Nemo420

this is why its so funny to me that these guys are all butt hurt that im saying that maybe they just didnt stop on-time.......LMAO!

i have never heard of anyone's ABS messing up because of springs......just too funny to me that someone believes that :lol: :D