"new" rims new pics

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by walkertx2008, Dec 26, 2009.

1. walkertx2008

walkertx2008 Well-Known Member

just scored a personal xmas present, a full set (all 4) of some motegi dp6 rims for $120. one is a different color than the others and another has some awful curb rash (dude must have driven against the curb lol) but all in all not a bad set considering one costs 135.00 brand new. but i figure if i can live with the curb rash i will paint the centers gloss black and match them to the yellow and black theme i am going for, like so many others, but it works. 17x7 universal 4 lug pattern, all i gotta do now is get tires, install and balance the rims, paint them and put them on... hopefully none of them are bent or ne thing. but the guy told me to call him back if i have ne problems. here is a pic from a website of the rims.

[​IMG]

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Re: "new" rims

Seems like a pretty good find. There are places that can fix wheels (bent, cracked, rash) fairly cheap. Trust me, rash will get to you first time you wipe them down..and rips your microfiber to shit. Lol

3. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

nice rims man will look good on the lancer

4. walkertx2008

thanks, on my next pay check im gonna go to economy tire and grab me some tires for them and then mount and balance them at the shop on base and get them installed. hopefully all goes well with the painting of the centers.

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

yeah, def post pics when you get done.

6. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

those looks pretty sick

7. walkertx2008

yea they are nice but its gonna be a month or two before im able to finish them and install them... money and all...

8. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

Wow that's a great deal. Are you getting them powder coated or leaving them that color?

9. walkertx2008

I'm painting them myself gloss black with the rim paint and clear coat finish from o'rielly auto parts... hopefully it will turn out good... I'll post pics when I get them done but it will be awhile before that happens

10. walkertx2008

Well I couldn't get black paint so I'm gonna clean the rims up real well and repaint them gunmetal instead... the only black they had was flat and I dnt want that on the lancer... but once I get them painted and put on the car I will post up pics... hopefully then gunmetal will look good... kinda messes up my whole black and yellow theme though lol

11. walkertx2008

got the rims painted they look pretty good, gotta start saving for some tires for them. will post pics when i can.

12. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

You still went with the gunmetal?

13. walkertx2008

yea but its pretty dark so from a distance it will still look like black and even up close i think it will look pretty good.

14. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

what color is your car?

15. walkertx2008

yellow, thats why i was trying to go for the yellow and black theme. but i think the gunmetal will look good. im not really putting much into the lancer right now cause the majority of my money is going to fix my supra and get it up to the point i want it to be at.

16. 1slowlance

When you getting some pics up? Lol. I'm very curious as to how these look.

17. walkertx2008

i might actually be selling them to help pay for my tattoo, it depends on how much i can get for them and if i ship them if the buyer is willing to pay all cost associated with the shipment. also cause i dnt have the money to get tires right now. but if i get some offers i might considering selling them.

18. 1slowlance

Well, I'm out. Different bolt pattern than an ES. Those are 4x114.3 correct?

19. walkertx2008

4x100 and 4x114.3 they r the universal 4 lug pattern.

20. 1slowlance

Hmmmmmmm. As soon as you get pictures of the actual rims, I might be interested. I don't really like the 17" size, but I might be able to deal with it. I was really looking at getting 16s instead. I'll think about it. How much you looking to get for all 4 + shipping?