New paint for the R/A.....

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by lancer2quick, Jun 28, 2010.

What color to choose....

1. Blue By You...

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Wicked White...

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Keep It Graphite...

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I think its time to think about new paint for the R/A...I just cant decide on a color. Help me out here guys...

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

NO! Spend it on a turbo and new wheels. But if you must...rotor glow. Oh yea......or electric blue.

3. lancer2quick

Blue By You...
    [​IMG]

Wicked White...
    [​IMG]

Keep it Graphite...
    [​IMG]

4. Jogenmaru

No lightning yellow? Come on you know you want to join the sunbeam gang! But yea.....bby is my vote. But you would have to get your wheels a different color. They won't accent right.

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Gray ftw. Second choice is blue.

6. lancer2quick

I think the BBY is my favorite by far...especially with a set of gold, bronze or gloss black wheels. Only thing about painting it BBY is
    1- Changing a color cost twice as keeping original
    2- BBY is surprisingly expensive ( 47 bucks a pint. We painted my bro-in-law's Bimmer bike BBY)

BUT...I have never seen a non-evo painted BBY....I like it...

7. Jogenmaru

I've actually seen 2 here in VA in BBY. A lot are graphite Grey though.

8. 1slowlance

I've changed my decision. White more than blue. But, gray is still superior.

9. Jogenmaru

You can no change mind! You had your choice and you chose wrong. MWAHAHAHA!!!! But that's fine. 2 for blue and 1 for white.

10. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

i love white cars, bby is really nice, but seems like it would get kind obnoxious

11. Jogenmaru

So now we are at 2 white and 2 blue 0 grey.

12. 1slowlance

No, 2 blue, 1 white, and 1 gray. I meant that instead of blue being my second choice, I'd go with white. I still prefer gray over all of them.

13. vspec20026

vspec20026 New Member

Stay OEM colors are the best,

Octane blue\ sporty Sti look
    graphite grey \ classy vip look
    wicked white \ clean jdm looks best at night time.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  14. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

all three of his choices are oem colors

15. Jogenmaru

Vspec20026, Lancer2Quick has a 7th generation lancer so his oem colors are different than yours. You drive an 8th generation. You just named OEM colors for your generation lancer. Except Graphite Grey. That's been around since the lancer name.

16. jester

jester Well-Known Member

the point of owning a custom car is to have a one of a kind vehicle that suits you why choose a color that is factory to just our make and model when you have tons of colors to choose from

17. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

You lack of lack of choosing Graphite Gray immediately is disturbing lol

18. lancer2quick

Yeah, I love the GG. I was just looking into other options. I'm going to keep it GG, just so I don't have to go through the trouble of taking the doors, hood, and decklid off to do a complete color change.

19. 1slowlance

^ Good idea. Lol.

20. jester

jester Well-Known Member

the graphite grey aint bad it looks really clean when its washed and when there is dust on it it does not looks like a filthy POS my 03 lancer came factory with it and its ok but Im planning on going a different style when i get back from deployment my plan is to add the body kit i got and do it all the hot rod semi black with neon green pin stripes and maybe a few airbrushed designs and by pin stripe i mean like 1/8 or 1/4 in down the side just to break up the paint but still have a stealthy look not a giant racing stripe