New mouths to feed lol...

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

So my neighbor is being kicked out because of the shitty decision's his landlord made and the housing market. It has actually affected two of my neighbors since this landlord owns two of the houses on my block. He came knocking at my door at 8am and I was like... wtf??? So I go downstairs and he is pretty distraught of his two pet lizards. His new apartment isn't big enough for him, his wife, and his kids plus these two animals. So he knows I like fish, dogs, and whatever else and asks if I want them... Sure why not lol...

So here are my two new mouths to feed...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. marauder96

marauder96 Well-Known Member

Bearded Dragons or Chinese water Dragons? Lizards are awesome pets. And if they are trained to be handled, even better.

3. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

dude thats awesome!

4. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

pretty awesome lizards

5. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Awesome.

6. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

You have to name one JubJub.... lmao

7. Prophet

lmao... I will run that by the kids and see what they think...

8. chelecuche

chelecuche Well-Known Member

dude those dragons are the best! better than dogs! i use to have 2 like 3 years ago! they are great!

9. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Lmao I love how those things look. So sophisticated... or just stoned. Either way pretty badass.

10. Prophet

Yeah there pretty cool... don't know if there better then my Rottweilers but there pretty cool lol...

11. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

No dont run it by the kids haha you HAVE to.... I said so... LOL

12. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

just to let you know.
    IMO
    the vivarium is way too small....A 40 gallon breeder is bare minimum for a single bearded dragon

AND DEF.....Do not house them together...bearded dragons are territorial and one will dominate the other regardless of how long they have been together.

Is that a normal heat bulb??? Bearded dragons require UVA/UVB light in order to be healthy and absorb calcium through their diet and UVB should be offered throughout the length of the vivarium.

And please get rid of the sand.....when feeding crickets ..if they eat sand..it can cause impaction which can result in death.

Sorry for the rant...I'm a big reptile guy and it looks like your neighbor took very shitty care of them.

Please PM me your whole setup..including heat mats and temps on each side of the cage. Thermostat?? Rheostat??
    If you need help with your setup..I can. I know beardies very well

13. Prophet

Aware of all that... if I had purchased them instead of a rescuing them I would have all that taken care of... the guy who owned them before me did not have a clue as to what he is doing...

http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/view ... 4&t=116281
    http://www.beardeddragon.org/bjive/view ... 1&t=116537

Still working on getting the right equipment but all the points you just made I am correcting...

14. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

nice
    beardeddragons.org is a wonderful community... you can also try ballpythons.net....they are awesome as well.

if you are getting rid of one...I"ll take him ...or I'll even trade ya for a 2 year old 4 foot long ball python...lol

15. Prophet

lol... no thanks on the trade. These guys I took in just because I felt sorry for them... I have been contacted by a couple of users on that forum but I think they are breeders and they just want the lighter colored one which I want to keep. That one seems to be more docile and even eats out of my hands. The darker one seems kind of "lazy" if you know what I mean.

So if you really want the darker one I am willing to give it to you. Just take care of shipping and he is yours... shoot me a pm if you do... By your comments I think with you he should find a good home...