New Little Something......

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by lancer2quick, Jul 29, 2010.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Well, I was just browsing sites looking at parts when I came across Vibrant Performance's streetpower series mufflers. Flat black....stealthy....awesome looking IMO.

My neighbor's dad has a small powdercoating machine for his motorcycle shop and I got to thinking. So, I un-bolted the axle-back portion of my exhaust and had him do it flat.....just for shits and giggles. I think it turned out pretty nice...let me upload the pics, and let me know what you guys think.....

Attached Files:

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

dude. I will ship you my rrm exhaust if you can get this done for me. Trusted and known....that's what I'm looking for.

3. lancer2quick

The pics aren't that great...but you get the general idea of it. If nothing else, it made my greasy old muffler look somewhat new again....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

YOU! FUCKING! WOULD!!!!!! I was thinking about this same exact thing the other day!!!! WTF! Well, I stole your headlight idea, so I guess it's fair. Lol. That looks sick. I wanna do it even more now! Alabama's kinda far.......I'll just crash at your house while I'm waiting for your buddy to finish it. I think I'd rather get the Magnaflow exhaust I want in flat black.

5. lancer2quick

I tild ya...me and you always seem to be thinking of the same things. Kinda scares me, really. lol

6. 1slowlance

You should get another pic of the whole back of the car, so I can see how it looks on the GG.

7. lancer2quick

Will do...I need to clean that nasty bastard up first though....haven't washed it in about 2 weeks.

8. 1slowlance

It's cool. God, it looks so good. I'm glad you did it first, and made me realize I wanna do it.

9. Jogenmaru

He's a follower and not a leader. Lets lead the pack l2q!

10. lancer2quick

Didn't get a chance to wash her yet, but here are more pics for ya HUNK......

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Jogenmaru

straight up stealth. Nice. Now to get that chrome lip to go bye bye.

12. lancer2quick

I'm actually working on getting a set of HP Lite Ocho 16,s in a flat black......

13. Jogenmaru

and some proper coil-overs right?

14. 1slowlance

Yep, definitely doing it now. Lol. Did you just do the second half of the piping? Like the part with the muffler piping? All of that, or just the muffler forward?

15. lancer2quick

When I had my exhaust done, I had it done exactly like the OEM....unbolt at the rear axle, the cat, and the DP.

And yes, I will be lowering it after the new wheels....when I get them...

16. lancer2quick

When I had my exhaust done, I had it done exactly like the OEM....unbolt at the rear axle, the cat, and the DP.

And yes, I will be lowering it after the new wheels....when I get them...

17. 1slowlance

I think I might just wind up doing the axle-back part of my exhaust.

18. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

That looks really good! If I ever go boost I want a flat black intercooler and exhaust.

19. 1slowlance

I'm thinking about doing this myself, and just using this high heat paint my dad uses at work to paint chrome stuff that they build. Might wind up using that. What do ya'll think about plasti-dip on it? Just another idea I thought of.