New GTS Pricing in SoCal area

Discussion in 'West Coast Owners Forum' started by jaysen, Nov 16, 2007.

1. jaysen

jaysen New Member

I am located in Riverside and drive back and forth between Los Angeles, Indio, and Beaumont. I am looking for a new commuter car because my Silverado is getting way tooooo expensive to fill up twice a week ($75/tank)

I commute approximately 120 miles to and from work daily. I've done my research as far as pricing goes from kbb.com, autobytel.com, edumnds, etc....

I submitted an e-quote and only received one call back from a dealer in Murrieta saying they are "HOT" cars and demand for them are high, blah, blah, blah...

I'm looking for a GTS auto w/ P2 Sun&Sound in gray, black, white, or blue... The best he said he can offer me was $200 below msrp which was $20,515 invoice as most of you know is $19,664.

My question is what price have any of you been getting specifically located in Southern California (Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside, San Diego, Imperial) and please list specifics of your vehicle (GTS w/navi+sound, etc...) Also any dealers you recommend ?

2. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

well for one, the dealer is correct for a change. these cars are high in demand, especially the fully loaded GTS's. i think any and all dealers are marking up the price on them, but shop around and have the dealers fight for your purchase. they all will try to beat eachother and sooner or later you will find the deal your looking for. i had 2 dealerships that were owned by the same company fight for my purchase and the owner called me and asked me where i would like to buy my car from and that they would give me the price i want. its all about the talk and show them some green, thats what i did. i walked in with 5g's and only put down 3.....hahaha.

3. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

ive heard alot about getting gts's under 20 out the door

4. jaysen

jaysen New Member

I've read the same (different forums)... If so, where ? I can understand about 6 months ago when these were released reasoning for jacking up the price but their excuse now ? I find it very, very, very hard to believe, especially with the economic market being the way it is, that dealers are able to control the sale...

5. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

I live in ATL, I knew the GM of the dealership (hes a good customer at my pizzeria) he gave me a base model GTS for 18,500 out the door. Not including the S & S package and not including the Nav or the FAST key.

BigSteve

ps. the origional price for the same car before I realized I knew the GM was 21,615.

6. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

i believe duarte mitsubishi

7. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

hi,

I'm not from your area.. but here, across the country, in CT., the sticker price on my base model GTS w/ CVT (no S&S or Navi) was $19,115 when I bought it on Oct. 1st. The sticker price on a base model GTS w/ MT was $18,215.

I stopped in today for my first oil change and they had four more GTS's on the lot, all CVT. They had one base model, two with S&S, and one with S&S and Navi. The base was $19,515, the two with S&S were $20,655 and the one with everything was $21,765.

I bought mine (base GTS) and paid $19,105 out the door after all fees and extra warrentees I purchased. But, I also got $2,000 for my trade-in and a $500 extra rebate cuase my wife graduated college earlier in the year... this helped bring the price to sub-$20,000 out the door range.

I also read about people getting awesome deals... but I dont see how people got thier GTS's with S&S and Navi for under $20,000 out the door. There is hadling fees, dealer fees, DMV fees, taxes, and any extra warrentees that add to the price. Just taxes alone will bring a $19,000 car above $20,000.

Unless they had trade-ins or something, I dont see how its possible.

8. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

got my GTS from Glendale Mitsubishi for 22k+ wid sun, sound, navi, fast key and all the other warranty stuff that comes with it, dnt really know if that's a good price or not..

9. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Its called Aspen Mitsubishi...I personally had a bad experience with them. The salesperson did not know ish about the car, he was more worried about me hooking up the Lancer at pepboys bcuz they have all the things I need to make it look pretty. South Coast Mitsu is real good from the people who bought it there. Norco and San Berno Mitsu are good people also, well the parts dept for both dealers. Just make up some lie saying that this Mitsu dealer offered me 19k for the GTS, what can you do? If he calls your bluff then say peace!!

10. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

just be sure that you actually get a gts, not a es with gts wheels or something crazy like that, sometimes dealers will do that

11. Nemo420

i got mine fully loaded out of the Anaheim showroom for $21,800 out the door

12. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Got my 5spd GTS from Puente Hills mitsu in the low 19k's before all the taxes. no sun and sound package or DVD package.

13. jaysen

jaysen New Member

Sweet guys, keep'em coming... This is exactly what I wanted to hear/need.

14. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

Try SouthCoast Mitsu in Costa Mesa. I was able to negotiate $20,300 OTD (fully loaded) for mine. However, if you do not have excellent credit, it's probably not going to happen.

The item that may be driving dealer prices up right now, it that (an inside source has told me) Mitsu has a shortage of GTS rims at their plants in Japan. As such, Mitsu Motors is not releasing the amount of GTS that they were a few months ago.

Btw, I 100% financed. Keep your money in the bank - It will do more for you there. But what do I know? It's not like a deal with numbers for a living... :roll:

Good luck!

15. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

Oh, btw, tell them that you want the SoCalEvo.net price. Talk to Renzo and tell him that thetaxguy sent you. :D

16. GODZILLA

GODZILLA Well-Known Member

I just emailed a whole bunch of mitsubishi dealers asking for the lowest price and whoever gave me the lowest i went with them. I got my gts for like 22something at puente hills dealer with sun and sound and the Navigation and fast key.

17. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

I got mine from the Aspen dealership in duate fully loaded with s & s, nav and fast key ect, for 20k even. good deal I thought :D

18. Nemo420

omg they ripped you, they were trying to sell me the red gts fully loaded in the show room for under 21