New from LI New York!

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by LTDan, Jan 5, 2009.

1. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

Hey guys!... I've been following Lancer Tuners very closely and fell in love with all of the input you guys have given and decided to finally join in the fun.

Got my 2008 Lancer ES Jan '08 and havn't done much too it but plan on changing this in the future.

Current mods include a Kicker 08S12L7 Subwoofer with custom box as well as an amp which I forgot the exact make and model. (installed myself);
    6000k HID's for the headlights and aftermarket Fog Lights which I again installed myself;
    OEM 08 Lancer GTS Spoiler;
    Swapped out Dome light with a Red LED light;

Future Plans:
    Injen CAI (ordered)
    17% Tints for side and rear windows
    Duraflex GTS concept body kit
    Exhaust (not too sure yet)
    Navigation unit (stock or aftermarket)
    RRM Pulley (possibly)
    Painted Rims and Callipers
    Open to more suggestions!

2. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT and glad you finally joined!

3. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT.... and before Luv asks post some pix of your whip!

4. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum dude.

5. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

still stock look.... for now! :bounce:

6. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

I'll put up some more pics of the interior, trunk and engine bay when I get the chance...

Plus I'm thinking about starting my own progress report just so I keep myself motivated on working on the car

7. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

welcome to LT

8. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

welcome to LT

9. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT.com!! :D

Enjoy your stay... your post threw me off for a minute cuz my car doesn't have a Dome Light.. haha.

10. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

Wow... thats wierd :p I was looking at your progress report! which model do you have? a ralliart?

11. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I have the fully loaded GTS :) I made it look like a RA though (kinda... lol) ;)

12. RicanLancer

RicanLancer Well-Known Member

Wow, you have some guts with the 17% tints. Unless, of course, the cops don't bother you guys on LI with that 70% tinting law. Ugh.

13. cramm

cramm Well-Known Member

Welcome to LT..

14. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

haha oops... I meant to write 20%... they don't really bother us too too much since most everyone has them including luxury vehicles. But now I'm torn between the 20's of 35's... my appointment is this saturday!

15. RicanLancer

An appointment? You going to the dealer to get them done? If not, make sure they do something to prevent the tints from getting scratched up when you roll the windows up/down (installing moleskin, etc.). That's apparently a fairly common problem for Lancers. I just bought mine on the 5th...that's the only thing keeping me from getting my tints done right now...well, that and the damn temporary sticker in my back window.

16. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

Yeah... I don't know how much extra they're gonna charge for a moleskin installation (going to a private tinting shop). I also have a students parking sticker on one of my windows which I need to carefully remove b/c theyre about $30 to replace :cry:

17. RicanLancer

Damn that sounds like it's gonna be a b*tch. I don't personally know how much is normally charged for moleskin application, but I heard it was $20 per window. It doesn't seem like it's that complicated to apply the moleskin yourself. You can always get the tint done and order the moleskin to install it later, since you can't open the windows for a week or two anyway (it's normally shorter but since it's going to be about 5 degrees the next few days it'll take longer). It's up to you, of course, but I found a tutorial for the moleskin installation on here not too long ago. Check it out:
    http://lancertuners.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1153&p=11079&hilit=window+tint#p11079

18. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

thanks for the reference. I just ordered them! hopefully they'll be in in time. Not a big fan of taking my doors apart so this should be interesting :?

19. RicanLancer

No problem. According to the tutorial you don't need to take the doors apart, just lift the door panel up enough that you can pull the weather strip out. They shouldn't take that long to arrive. After all, you won't be able to use the windows for a while anyway. Another thing I'd say is to let the glue on the moleskin set for a bit (day or two?) before opening the window. You don't want the strip flipping over and leaving glue all over the window.

20. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

good advice! I'll keep that in mind :salute: