My Oz Progress

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by CS7A-7G, Aug 7, 2009.

1. CS7A-7G

CS7A-7G Well-Known Member

i posted this on sclc and thought i share here too since im a nice guy....
    i had a local sclc member help me install it cause w/o his help i would of been lost

well after 2 1/2 month wait its finally arived since ariving at port of LA, the rarest bumper [ besides the jdm cedia ra bumper ] jdm evo9 style rear diff from accolade 8) i only seen few others have it and they all in cali

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

just need few stuff minor adjustments done to add support and paint
    Yes the foam bar was removed, crash beam stayed for safty reasons

have to do some more prep workm gonna find some1 to make 2 z type brackets for underneath to attach to rear bumper from the crash beam where the foam bar used to be..
    next step is to paint the kit but first im gonna start selling the old rear bumper and misc parts from my lancer to raise $$$ to paint the bumper, evo8 wing and trunk...

any questions, feel free to ask

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  2. Mitsuman+03

Mitsuman+03 Well-Known Member

I like that...
    gives your car a beefy look to it.

just awesome... never seen that done!

3. CS7A-7G

thx.. i went to home depot and got some support bolts,washers and whatnot.. i found the bracket i need for underneath in the lumber section.. its strong metal and flexible so it will add support underneath... when i have the garage so i can do the teh work. will be tomorrow sometime

4. Mitsuman+03

Mitsuman+03 Well-Known Member

do you have any updated pics man!
    would like to see the finished product.

5. CS7A-7G

sorry for the long delay lol.......

here is the end result of the bumper, my modified oem grill & patch of the crack of my ken front (i had to remove the decals off the bumper so i can paint)( bumper came from the rrm drag lancer )

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    i also bought a rexspeed jdm evo9 cf exaust protector thingy, it fits perfectly... btw i did rattlecan the bumper

------
    Patched crack in my bumper & my modified oem grill

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

here is the before and after of the grill
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

the decal in the pic is no longer on the bumper cause im gonna repaint it.. the lip i sprayed it with satin black in color

6. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I like. I like! The front of your car looks like a volkwagon gti. That's what I see anyway. It looks really good. I like the rear bumper as well. Where did you get the grilled from?

7. CS7A-7G

the grill is a modifed oem lancer grill

[​IMG]
    heres a comparison of the 2

8. locke_09

locke_09 Member

looks great I like the modified grille it turned out great. the bumper looks good too.

9. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I REALLY like the head lights. Where did you get them from? Like what you did with the bumper too. Looks really good.

10. CS7A-7G

thx.. the headlights are jdm cedia's.... they are dual beams so you would with have to a] splice into the oem harness or b] make your own that plugs into the oem.. i made my own harness.... the front turned out better than i thought it did using satin black on the lip turned out good.... i prolly wont have enough for a full/real paint job untill i have the car paid for but in mean time i will prolly follow this guys route http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgbxMYGaLlE&feature=related

11. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

Car looks good! I love that rear bumper!