Mitsu Paint Issue

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by resolutionny7, Jun 3, 2008.

1. resolutionny7

resolutionny7 Well-Known Member

Hey guys whats up haven't been around in a bit but i wanna know if you all would like to help us out. Over at PL one of the members got an idea to have a bunch of people send a letter on the same day to help correct the paint chipping issue and not being covered under warranty. Anyways hopefully some of you guys join in on this.

Letter:
    To whom this my concern:

Hi my name is ___________, and I am a proud owner of a 2008-2009 Mitsubishi Lancer(DE,ES,GTS,GSR). I first must commend you for the unique style and aggressive looks of the car. Although I admire the car it has a major flaw that Mitsubishi Motors is failing to acknowledge. The paint being used on the production cars chips very easily especially in places where it should not. There have been hundreds of reported paint chipping issues many of which are very severe. Now as you can tell were sending you this letter because Mitsubishi Motors is failing to recognize this and consider it a isolated incident when it sure is NOT. It is not just in no way for a Brand new vehicle to have paint issues at such a early stage some ranging as little as a few weeks. Enclosed I've added pictures to show you exactly what i mean by this issue and why it should be covered under warranty. Please contact me with more information regarding this problem or these letters will continue in mass numbers.

Thank You

We would like to send them all on June 16th and have all the owners send them. Any questions just shoot me a message.

-Josh

2. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

off topic. im from sayville.

3. resolutionny7

resolutionny7 Well-Known Member

Really what color Lancer what trim maybe I've seen you around

4. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Lol Josh, maybe you have seen Steve..

5. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea, my paint chips are rusting and Mitsu won't do anything about it. All they keep telling me is that it's not rust its brake dust... :roll:

6. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Im in just because ive been pissed with the quality of the paint since day one. There where scratches on it when i picked it up. They did puff most out but some still remainded. The paint pen starts to lookcrappy for awhile. Lets do it.

7. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Yea I wote the letter and he made his changes. We have like 20 guys over on PL so far but we need more

8. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

Are these black by chance?

9. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

so just send the message to a contact address on mitsu's site?

10. Punkwrock

Punkwrock New Member

Same for me. I bought my Ralliart and it already had a few chips...now the hood is just rediculous and makes the car look like shit. I went to the dealer but they said there's nothing wrong. I had a 6 year old tiburon that didnt even have one chip....this car is 2 and looks like i've hit a moose :p

11. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

ill be in to i just need a address of you can just put anthony where my name goes

12. faracinman2

faracinman2 Well-Known Member

im in just put Brandon in the blank

13. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

i called Mitsu canada in my case and they seem to have no idea about the paint issue?? So the email is sent to Mitsu North America or what?

14. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

OK guys I have been handeling this over on project lancer and here is where we are sending the letter 2.

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc.
    PO Box 6014
    Cypress, CA 90630-0014

We need alot of support and pics

15. eTXlancer

email??

16. himgotscarf

himgotscarf Well-Known Member

I'm in, got the letter saved, just got to print it.

17. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

just curious, has anyone claybared their car to help protect the paint?

just bought the turtlewax - ice line including claybar and im waiting for a sunny day to use it.

18. EBlancerGTS

EBlancerGTS Well-Known Member

I tried that TurtleWax Liquid ClayBar last week, it does leave a lot of residue, and took a lot of extra work to clean that off as well, bottle is telling lies to you.

19. eTXlancer

well im unfortunatly another person added to the list of fuck upd paint! got a dime sized chip spot on the bottom section of the right rear wheel, and in the center....yep, damn rust.

20. CLEANrideGTS

CLEANrideGTS Well-Known Member

well your supposed to wax your car in the shade so i wouldnt wait for a sunny day