Mishimoto Radiator for 08+ Lancer Non Turbo

Discussion in 'AutoCityImports.com' started by AutoCity, Oct 29, 2009.

1. AutoCity

AutoCity Well-Known Member

The Mishimoto Radiator for the EvoX & 09+ Lancer Ralliart is also a perfect fit for the non-turbo 2008+ Lancers. Mishimoto recently test fit and confirmed that it will be a perfect fit. Check out all the specs and more pictures by following the link below...

Link: 2008+ Lancer Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. lucabrasi305

lucabrasi305 Active Member

does this do anythig performance wise

3. marauder96

marauder96 Well-Known Member

i'm guessing it would keep your engine running cooler. ALOT cooler. Especially if you run your engine hard. Not sure what a radiator does? CLICK ME.
    This is a future mod/add i've been researching. thanks autocity.

4. duh2150

duh2150 Member

wow at the link posted, boiling coolant.. I've seen water boil, but never a 50/50 or straight coolant lol

5. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

I don't see how this radiator has any benefit over OEm

6. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

im assuming it will just let us run our cars harder for longer..no "power" or "performance" just longer lasting lol

7. AutoCity

building your car to run at higher HP levels also increases the heat your engine generates. this performance radiator is designed to handle the extra heat and cool your engine more efficiently. if you have increased your engine performance with any sort of forced induction or nitrous or have plans to do so in the future this is a great mod to help protect your engine from running too hot. If you have basic mods like exhaust and an intake this is not as necessary but is still a great option if you are looking for a replacement radiator will give you improved style over the stock radiator.

8. ForTheGlory37

ForTheGlory37 Well-Known Member

Since a deer just messed up my front end and the insurance company is paying for a new one I might as well, especially since I plan on turboing it in the future...

Do you need any new hosing or will the stock fit from my 09 Lancer?

9. AutoCity

Direct bolt on with all stock hoses.

10. Bladed

Bladed Member

lol thats my car in the pics. You can notice a difference in radiators after long spirited driving. It feels like the engine is more responsive after driving hard. with the stock radiator, If i ran at WOT off and on for awhile, the car would feel sluggish. Now with the mishimoto radiator, it still has some pep in it after hard driving. If you plan on tracking the car or doing a lot of highway pulls, i'd recommend it. It's pretty easy to install, took my friend and I about 3 hours to do it in the parking lot in front of my job lol.

The mishimoto radiator has awesome build quality too. It felt like I could snap the stock one in half with my bare hands, the Mishimoto one is a lot more sturdy. It also looks like it holds a lot more coolant, but i'm not sure about the specs vs the oem radiator.

11. AutoCity

Thanks for posting your feedback and the nice pictures too :)