Magnetic Hood Mask

Discussion in 'AutoCityImports.com' started by spunx021, May 11, 2008.

1. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

This is a magnetic hood mask from autocityimports.com. This will prevent your hood from getting any chips especially when doing alot of freeway/highway driving. Installation was very easy and I was actually pleasantly surprised with how it looks..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. HudsonFalcon

HudsonFalcon Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of traditional nose masks at all but this one is very sharp looking and has me reaching for my charge card, thanks for posting.

3. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

i would rather get a full bra since it'll protect the whole front... and of course, i'd only use it on long drives (like my drives from ft lauderdale > orlando > gainesville and back... etc.)

4. AutoCity

AutoCity Well-Known Member

5. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

any plans on making a full bra?

6. AutoCity

No, we have no plans on offering a full mask. I am pretty sure Mitsubishi offers a full front mask for the 08 lancer already, but we do not carry OEM manfacturer parts. Sorry

7. darklancer

darklancer Well-Known Member

could yall make like a magnetic hood...full hood style?

8. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

make a carbon fiber look-a-like for the hood...and also for the trunk...that would be sick...instead of buying a whole cf hood...

just a suggestion though

9. darklancer

exactly what i was thinking
    it would be AWSOME ...make like a fake carbon fiber hood with a reverse cowl on it out your matereal....3 400 bucks vs 3 4 grand

10. AutoCity

Anything could be done but i don't think anyone would ever buy that. It would look pretty ugly.

And as far as darklancer saying 3-4k for a hood? Not sure what hood your talking about but we have full carbon hoods on our site for about a 6th of that price. Carbon hoods anywhere from $600 - $800 depending on what style your looking for.

11. darklancer

yea i saw that you guys had the evo hoods but i was thinking ov somthing with a cowl... i like it better and the only ones i can find are about 2800 to 3500 for cowld cf hoods

12. AutoCity

We have 3 diff style hoods for the 08 Lancer...please show us a link about what hood you are looking for and i will see what i can do about making it available for you at a price much cheaper then $2800.

13. darklancer

[​IMG]

now i know that this isnt exactly an easy shot to make a hood from but you get the idea... this is what i took to the shops here and they said that they could make one for about 2800 the other store said 2900 and yes i know its not a lancer

14. AutoCity

lol...you never mentioned anything about making a custom hood from a photshop design. I thought you were looking for a real hood for the 2008 Lancer. Looking off another car or photshop/drawing and saying “I like this hood make it for the car I drive†will cost you big $$ no matter where you go.

I personally don’t think anyone would be seriously interested in this hood style for their 2008 Lancer but just for the sake of not completely bashing your vision…if you get 5 people that say they would be interested in this hood (or any hood for that matter) and all willing to put down full payment upfront (roughly $600 per hood) Then we could have it made. It would take about 6-8 weeks and would be manufactured in the U.S.

15. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

wow you guys are pretty awesome with your business i like it :D do you guys do this if a number of people are interested in certain parts?

16. AutoCity

Yea...we can do a few things. Pretty limited to exterior aero parts. (Body kits, spoilers, fenders, hoods, etc)

17. darklancer

wow 600 thats awsome now 5 people ...hmm lol

yea i know its alot more dificult lol hence why maybe a fake one would be cheaper and possibly easier...at least that was my line of thought u would prolly now better

18. Dukekid0987

ooo cool cool how would making a full lip for the front bumper would that be to much to ask? im sure a lot of people would be interested in that. RRM said they were coming out with one but im not sure how thats even going bc they seem pretty busy with the turbos and such.

19. AutoCity

It is something we will look into down the road a little bit. As of now the 08 lancer is so new not much aftermarket stuff is moving so a few months down the road we will see how the body kits are moving and see where the demand for new products seems to be. I agree a lip kit would be great for this car...it is something i will look into for you guys soon enough.
    :D

20. Dukekid0987

well thanks if you want to look at one by the way boar.com its the lip japan has for there lancer the GALANT FORTIS just a lilttle vision on how it can look. and again thanks not many companys arent willin the spend time on the lancer but u guys are a different story :wink: