Lt. Dan's Progess Report

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by LTDan, Jan 11, 2009.

1. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Vehicle:
    2008 Lancer ES

Current Mods:
    JDM OEM Fog Light Kit
    OEM Front Mudflaps
    OEM Lancer GTS Spoiler
    6000K HID Headlights
    6000K 55W HID Foglights
    3rd Brake Light Cover
    Red LED Dome Light
    08S12L7 Kicker 12" Sub with Custom Built Box
    ZX750.1 Kicker Amplifier
    Injen CAI

Future Mods:
    Painted engine covers
    Painted Brake Calipers
    Painted Interior Panels
    20% Tints
    Lancer GT Concept Body Kit
    Greddy TiC Exhaust
    RRM Upper Strut Bar
    Alloy Fuel Door Cover
    Touch Screen Navigation Head Unit (unsure of brand)
    Rims (GTS or aftermarket)
    Suspension/ drop kit
    Any other Suggestions!

2. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

Lookin' good so far!! As far as rims go, you're better off going aftermarket because the GTS rims are like $800 a piece or something crazy like that.

Add a carbon fibre X hood to your list ;)

3. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

I'm still tossed up about the carbon fiber hoods. I'm looking to upgrade my looks without going to crazy with different patterns.
    For example.... I know a lot of people have the carbon fiber hoods, and it looks great with their car but I'm trying to keep it simple yet exciting. Like the duraflex GT Concept hood or an OEM EVO X hood but with the same Rally Red color. watcha think?

4. LuvMyLancer

Hmm... y'know what.... black out your front bumper thing, black out that chromey bit, buy new chrome stripping and put it around the outside like the R/A (and my car if you can tell in my sig pic lol) and get the R/A hood in Rally Red ;)

Then you'll have a R/A lookin' car :) It'd be nice.

5. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

Haha that's pretty much the look I was trying to get until I get the body kit! and I've been saving a little bit here and there to hopefully grab a hold of a fully tested CVT turbo. till then I'll be working on all the other little things to get a few hp squeezed in

6. LuvMyLancer

Well, you've got a big list there, better get crackin' ;)

I think my car is finished. I just can't afford anything I wanna do to it.

7. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

Yea I know! haha but if you take a close look at the list it really isn't that much stuff. I just need the time.
    I need to paint 3 parts of my car in order to knock off the first three... Get tint's which shouldn't take too long, Alloy fuel door can be done whenever (as soon as I find a good price for it :p), I have the money for the body kit already... it's just saving up for the painting of it now thats holding me back... That and I'll have no place to put my stock kit :-(

8. LuvMyLancer

In time it'll get finished. I think the Lancer is one of these cars that will never be finished. Seems like there's always something else you can do to it...

9. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

It's great isn't it? The hobby of infinite possibilities :-D

It's also good to have a forum that discusses all the different parts you can put on your car as well as a review on it. I was considering getting the RRM Headers until I read about a lot of people complaining about the rattling it caused. For me that's a big negative. When I install/buy something I want to make sure that it will not sound like it's doing its own thing apart from the rest of the car... Right now my car sounds sexy stock (with the exception of my soon to be newly installed Injen CAI) so the rest of the stuff I buy should compliment it, not go against it!

10. LuvMyLancer

Well if you have the money the possibilites are endless :)

It's always fun to watch peoples cars transform on here. They're all the same car yet all so different.

11. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

Exactly! haha which is why I'm gonna head out now or else I'll loose a major part of my income :-/!!!

12. LuvMyLancer

LOL ya me too, work time! Have a good one! Post more pics as you get stuff done!!

13. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

came in the other day but still waiting for the hydroshield to get in before I install it.... Should come in sometime this week!

14. 08CustomLancer

08CustomLancer Well-Known Member

That is a nice color. Very clean needs some black tint :D

15. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

I know!!! haha I just need to find the time to go but I am planning to get 20% sides and back. Any idea how long the whole process is?

16. 08CustomLancer

no, ive done both my tint jobs my self. My next car is going to be done by a pro

17. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

hmm... I might go down with a buddy of mine to a tint shop to get it done right. I don't want to be able to blame myself for a poor job hehe. I'm also gonna be very anal about who touches my windows and what they clean it with. I don't wanna go to my car one day and find that my windows are purple :(

18. 08CustomLancer

my girlfriend did a good job on my windows, it is just too hard to get the cut to be perfect. Much cheaper to do it your self, but looks better done by the pro's

edit: she did the bubbles while I cut and held it.

19. LuvMyLancer

Your tints are gonna scratch no matter who puts it on. Mine were done professionally. No bubbles or purple yet and its been a year and 4 months.

20. 08CustomLancer

yeah but with mine (personally done) they aren't cut perfectly to the window.