looking for exhaust for 09 lancer gts

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by rivendel, May 9, 2010.

1. rivendel

rivendel Active Member

still dont know which one is good for my 2.4 lancer 09 gts... to be honest i really have no idea... been loong around and so far this is what i know... the RRM Axle Back Exhaust 09+, Tsudo N1 Exhaust and greddy exhaust... pls help me this is gonna be my first time to have an exhaust on my car.. i dont want it to be so loud but i want a deep bass or whatever :) if you have any suggestions pls tell me and where to buy like internet or stuff thanks... and my dealership is offering me the full exhaust magnaflow for 800$ installed expensive but i like the sound not too loud but deep... thanks....

2. 2010_GTS

2010_GTS Well-Known Member

i suggest greddy se exhaust its an axle back so its not too loud and it has an aggressive sound. cat back exhuast r usually pretty loud

3. rivendel

rivendel Active Member

thank you... anyone else?

4. leeminho86

leeminho86 Well-Known Member

IMO no to RRM (rust issues), no to Tsudo (weak welds), I have the Injen SES header-back and it's very loud (I get stopped all the time), stick with the Magnaflow or Greddy SE.

5. rivendel

rivendel Active Member

thanks leeminho86... i just got my lancer last yr october, if u install the Greddy SE axleback exhaust, will it void the warranty of my car? and where can i buy it besides E.B.A.Y thanks...

6. leeminho86

Axleback won't void the warranty, I'm not sure how much the Greddy SE is on Ebay but I've been buying a lot of my parts through http://autocityimports.com/2008-lancer-exhaust-systems-c-54_2922_2952.html, if you call ask for Joe he's a good guy.

Edit: Also forgot about hipowermotorsports, I haven't ordered anything from them but a lot of people have been happy with them: http://www.hipowermotorsports.com/greddy/greddy_exhaust_spectrum_elite_se/g-56768.aspx.

7. rivendel

rivendel Active Member

thanks again buddy i might buy on that site, on ebay it cost 456 plus 108 for shipping and handling... thanks a lot buddy coz im about to click the buy item button just waiting for you reply hehehe...
    im planning to paint the engine cover with red color... do you have an idea what kind of paint should i buy?

8. leeminho86

No problem man, for the valve cover paint I've always just gone to autozone or advanced auto parts and bought the high temp paint from a can lol...do you have a rally red car? There's definitely places you can go to get it color matched if you're picky, I'm personally going with the carbon fiber one from RRM :D

9. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

At least i know im not the only one with rust on my RRM exhaust...

10. rivendel

rivendel Active Member

yeah its a rally red car, i was planning to check some homedepot or rona if they have a heat resistant or temp hehhee not sure lol...

11. kraaZe

kraaZe Active Member

This exhaust ..

What do you guys think about the Injen SES Exhaust ? I love the sound of that one .. But does anyone here approve ? Can someone take a vid for me if they got ?