looking for a front strut bar

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Suspension' started by gnomedomination, Apr 19, 2011.

1. gnomedomination

gnomedomination New Member

i have an 04 base model, looking to upgrade the suspension currently, does anyone where i could find a front strut bar for it? i found everything else so far. this may be a dumb question but would a front s.b. off an evo work?

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Yea it fits but you have to cut it a bit. And if you have cruise control that will have to go. Alternatively, check ebay. I got mine for less than 30 bucks. Front and rear bars were 50 total shipped.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

3. Jogenmaru

Attached Files:

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

+1^^ If you don't know which one to buy, or you don't find one you like....hit me up....I seem to be the master of finding deals on parts.

5. Jogenmaru

Also, if you ever come across some cheap evo coil overs. The fronts fit perfectly. The rears will not fit. You would have to buy some rear coils from somewhere. There are megan coilovers you can get as well. I heard of someone with bc coils or buddy club but I could never find them for our lancer. And by all means do not get the ebay sleeve coilovers if you want performance. Those ar just for looks for that aggressie low drop.

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

That guy Chadoz is selling his front strut bar. Not sure if it will fit the 04 model though. Just a suggestion.

7. Jogenmaru

It will fit. There is nothing different about where the top bolts are between any of us lancer models. This includes the evo. Its just the engine stuff that gets in the way. I almost had to take my cruise control off. Here is Chad_Oz's link to his f/s thread.

http://lancertuners.com/showthread.php?t=8942&p=112095#post112095