Lancer Hood..

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Conduct, Dec 3, 2007.

1. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

So since I bought a new hood, and don't plan on ever needing it again, should I go to the parts department and try to sell it back to mitsu?

and if I would happen to do so, anyone know an estimate on what I would get?

(sorry if this is the wrong place for this, don't really know where this question should be)

2. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

i wouldn't try selling it back to mitsu. I'd ebay it before anything.

People mess-up/crash/scratch stuff all the time. you might find a buyer who messed up their hood and want yours (especially if the color matches the car that wants your hood)

I have my stock Eclipse Hood and im thinking about ebay-ing it. that's why i suggested it.

3. Conduct

Yeah, well theres an idea. I'll call mitsu today and see what they would even give me for it, I'll post later in anyone is interested heh.

4. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

im actually interested in what they say to you if they in-fact DO take back stock shit. let us know

5. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

I would say E-Bay it myself but it would be cool to see if the dealer would take it back. I bet it would bet less than half those bastards.. lol. Anyway let us know asap its an interesting idea.

6. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

this should be interesting if they take it back coz m planning to get the CF hood and trunk next year as soon as I get my tax refund money...

7. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

This stock hood weights a grip too. Can't wait for a lighter hood. Really Really can't

8. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

man that avatar is so familiar to me, and now that you say that you have an eclipse makes me think, are you a member in t2g? crossbreed?

9. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

you're a crossbreed! rant.gif

I actually have no clue who/what you're talking about. but im sure it's not me. coolgleamA.gif

10. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

If it was me, I would store it somewhere just in case...

Lets say, God forbid, you should happen to get into an accident 6 months from now and you screw your new hood. If you sold your OEM hood, then youll have to pay big bucks again to fix your car... or, you can just pull the OEM hood you saved out of storage and your good to go.

just my 2 cents.

11. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

I agree with Wasper

id keep the stock hood incase u ever get into an accident and have to put a new hood on

it happened 2 me b4 when i had a cf hood on my previous car, and i was lucky that i kepted my stock hood

12. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

this is why we have insurance buddies.....but it is a good idea.

13. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

But if you have the hood, then you can pocket the extra insurance money they adjusted to do the repairs... but you got to know the auto body man to pull it off ;)

14. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

yeah you can probably try selling it on ebay, but that sure is going to be a heavy s&h price. unless you only do local pick up.

IMO, well not really an opinion. but I'm actually going to keep it after I replace the OEM to the bodykits.com hood.

I have took interest and read a lot on fiberglass and carbon fiber, learned a lot from auto body class, and thinking of trying to make my own hood.

15. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

16. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

this is true but why not replace it with the cf hood that you had before anyways? makes no sense to pocket the money and keep the oem hood. why buy a cf hood then??? imo

17. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

What color is your stock hood conduct?

18. Conduct

black, with this like.. purple shine to it? yeah heh

19. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Tamarac black pearl!!

20. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member