Lancer GTS or Tiburon GS (I4 MTX)?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by obibok, Jul 30, 2007.

1. obibok

obibok New Member

Hey ppl. I need to pick up a new ride, seems like by the end of the year or early in 08. This is going to be my daily driver, only for myself and my wife, no kids or family.

I'm considering the 08 Lancer GTS or the 07+ Tiburon GS, both 4-bangers and manual. Anybody test drive both recently? Neither of those is particularly powerfull, so the deciding factor would be handling, overall coolness and whichever car puts a bigger grin on my face.

I will surely test drive both but I'm just curious if anyone else is/was faced with the same choice dilemma. Any former Tib owners maybe?

2. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

I used to love the tiburons my old gf had one and she had done so much too it it was hott. The newer ones are even hotter. But in all honesty i like my Lancer and would never trade it for a tiburon. If your looking at handeling the sport tuned suspension is your way to go with the lancer. the tiburon will feel good driving because its a smaller car. but i get alot more head turners and overall bling with my car then people get with the tiburons. In my opinion get the Lancer. Good luck deciding.
    - Pedro

3. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

hm....very tough decision. They are very similar overall. I would just go with company royalities. I"m a young kid in college still... I couldn't be caught driving a hyundai

4. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

although theyre pretty similar, lancer GTS looks WAYYY sexier 8)

5. obibok

obibok New Member

Thanks guys. It is a tough one, indeed. I love them both but haven't driven either yet so anything can happen.

Back in the '90s I always loved Eclipse and Celica. I never liked the 2003-2006 Tiburon, though. The new Tib looks like Celica and Cougar.

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I personally, have friends who have terrible luck with hyndais (?). I have owned a few mitsus and very pleased. The Lancer is one of the sexiest cars out there for the price, so I say the LANCER!!!!!!!! :D

7. obibok

obibok New Member

Heh, and I actually heard from Hyundai guys that Mitsu reliability was terrible.

What kind of scares me is all the electronics the new Lancer has in it. Tiburon is a very simple design on the other hand, so theoretically there are fewer things to go wrong.

Thx again for your replies. :idea:

8. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

^^true. but you gota keep up with technology :D mitsubishi has a great warranty available anyway 8)

9. Malakei

Malakei Well-Known Member

warranty

big seller for me was the warranty.
    hyundai altho does have the 5yr prety much bumper to bumper
    they only have 3yr roadside, and 5yr powertrain

mitsu has 10yr powertrain and 5yr roadside along with 5yr bumper to bumper
    another nice feature i got was the maintenance pkg.
    1200 bucks and if i ever get a stain on my leather, a fade in my paint, or a spot of rust anywhere on my car, and they take care of it.
    most companies cover rust alreayd but thats only if it rusts from the inside out which is almost never the case.

reliable or not, i cant tell yet as this is the 1st gen of this style lancer, but the massive warranty puts my mind at ease that at least, if it does have a problem, i dont have to shell out extra dough. more money i can put into mods and other things :)

i used to lke tiburons alot, until one day i test drove one with three people in it. felt like we were in a gokart it was so gutless, plus i was in the back hunched over like a hermit cuz there was no headroom.
    lancer is a sportsedan, kinda a different class then the tiburon, your not exactly comparing apples to apples.

another nice thing were the features, 18 inch rims bluetooth heated seats, usually options you find on cars in a much higher price range, was please to find i didnt need to add too many options.

gl with the shopping

10. obibok

obibok New Member

Very true about the warranty. Hyundai used to offer the best but now Mitsu topped that.

Tibs really are cramped inside and I hear that once AC comes on, it just sucks up all the power.

I definitely love all the options on the Lancer. Another thing to consider would the resale value, if it ever came to parting with the car for one reason or another (potential car or $ problems).

Dunno... I'm liking the new Lancer more and more... :D

11. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

^there you go, problem solved!!!!