Is AdvanceSpeedShop reputable?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by WhiteAfrikan, Jan 6, 2011.

1. WhiteAfrikan

WhiteAfrikan Active Member

So I'm looking for the best place to order my Greddy SE Exhaust. I know Autocityimports has it and I have used them before. I did a quck scour of the internet and found AdvanceSpeedShop sell the same exhaust for like 50 bucks cheaper. So im torn between paying the extra for the trust or taking the risk..

2. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

3. WhiteAfrikan

Thanks for the link, I live in st charles Illinois

4. BlueDevilLancer

i'll ask my shop see what we can do or if you'd like you can call us with the number in my sig.

5. WhiteAfrikan

Alright that would be great, I just need to know in a week or so.

6. BlueDevilLancer

hey do me a favor and call the shop and ask for sean if you can. he'll discuss the price with you

7. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

WOWEE at that BBB rating. I think RRM got the same thing if not only a grade above it.
    SPA redid their site from the last time I was on it.

8. BlueDevilLancer

yeah. we're still trying to get things worked out. hell i'm categorizing and organizing leftover stuff from the previous owners and im finding a lot of random stuff. also, the website is not the best way to find out what we have or what we can get. if anything don't hesitate to call.

9. Jogenmaru

Just a quick off topic question for you BDL. Will you be attending this years East Coast meet with JDMHammer being that both of you are from Connecticut.

Back on topic. Im still looking at getting that hide-away plate holder. The automatic one that is but money is getting tight with me looking for an actual house to buy and the turbo kit almost done.

10. BlueDevilLancer

if things go according to plan with jobs and such yes.a and i'll see what i can do in terms of price

11. WhiteAfrikan

Thanks a ton BDL. Ill be placing my order with you guys in a week or so =)

12. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Several guys from a different forum have used Advance and said they hve good relationship with them...but according to BBB...DAMN!!!

13. jasyn

jasyn New Member

I work for Advance Speed Shop, so let me clarify some things. We signed up with BBB back in 2007 when we created the website. It costs $650/yr to sign up. In 2008 we stopped paying for the service as we didn't find it worth the cost however BBB does not take your website off after you stop paying. A customer complained regarding one of his orders which we were never notified of because we no longer paid for the service. If you view our BBB site now you will see that our rating is an "A" as we resolved the unknown issue.

We are a reputable company. Our telephone number is on our site, and we do not hide anything. If you are suggesting our price is way to low to be true, well give us a call! You'll find that one of our customer support reps will be glad to help you out and if you are local give you cash deal!

Have a nice day.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  14. Jogenmaru

This is true. If you follow the link from above the grade has changed. Thank you jasyn for registering and clearing that up for us.

15. jasyn

jasyn New Member

Just doing some PR for the company :)