Installing underglow neons

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by WhiteAfrikan, Oct 19, 2010.

1. WhiteAfrikan

WhiteAfrikan Active Member

Hey guys, ive been looking at modding my 2010 Lancer GTS and am on a budget right now.
    Im only sixteen so its not easy to get a high cash flow. my parents dont want me to do performence modding so ive turned to aesthetics. I was looking at some neons on autocityimports for like 90 bucks or so. My only concern is installing them? im pretty good with engines and what not having experience with motocross. Im not sure how hard it is to put them in and if id be able to handle it. any suggestions would be really appreciated. Thanks!

btw these are the ones http://www.autocityimports.com/blue-underbody-car-led-light-kit-w-wireless-remote-p-5579.html

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Most setups are simple. 2 wires. One for power and one for ground. You should be able to do it no problem Just remember to ground properly. And I am sure it comes with instructions

3. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

It's pretty simple. A friend of mine and I installed some on his truck before. The hardest part was finding somewhere to mount them. We just kept them in place with zip ties and they've held. If I remember correctly, the only thing we had to do was wire it to the battery, and then to the control module that's in the cab.

4. WhiteAfrikan

Awesome thanks, the quick response is great =D

5. 1slowlance

Jogen beat me to it cuz he's a post-whore.

6. Jogenmaru

Nope. I just happened to wanted to see if my droid 2 works with lt. It does. since its just internet.

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

neons!?!?! really?!?!? not sure what area you live in but i would suggest checking into the laws in your area about those...and with that said and wanting to install neons:

[​IMG]

8. 1slowlance

........Deal with it. It's not your car.

9. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Thank the man upstairs...

10. WhiteAfrikan

All went well with installation, pics coming soon!

11. 1slowlance

Cool, man. Looking forward to the pics.

12. WhiteAfrikan

Here they are!
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Jogenmaru

Looks pretty good. Just no driving with them on.

14. 1slowlance

^ This. Lol. Looks good, man.