If you had 5k to spend on your lancer....

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by 08LancerGTS, Sep 21, 2008.

1. 08LancerGTS

08LancerGTS Well-Known Member

What would you buy? Thanks for the replies!

2. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

after all the mods i have done so far. Turbo. but if it was before my mods i would deff do rims and lower the car first, tint, window visors, upgrade sound system if you want of get headers intake and exhuast

3. 08LancerGTS

08LancerGTS Well-Known Member

4. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

then your ready for a turbo...

5. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

If i had $5,000 smackers to spend i would put it towards my cars payments i wouldnt have to worry about it for a while :D

6. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

if i had 5k to spend, i would selll my lancer and use the 5k and the additional money to get that RA.....

7. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

+1 /\.. the ralliart i beautiful! lol

8. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

yea i would l love the ra but you could build one sick lancer

9. TheDude

TheDude Well-Known Member

IF you really have that much money to put down right now, ill say you do w/e the hell you want wit hit. Thats alot of money to waste based on other peoples opinions, speciially if they dont even know what your looking for.

That being said, if it were MY car and i had that much money, then id go with headers/turbo, since those are the only things im really missing. Your car on the other hand is different, cuz you probly have different goals than i did.

All in all, do what you feel is more apropriate from you. Just remember none of us are gonna have to live with any bad decisions you make. And not everyone will agree with any one same opinion.

10. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

I would sell my lancer and get something better

11. medic

medic Well-Known Member

Your answer relies completely on who is being asked. I know that my 09 gts is never gonna be a speed deamon but it can become a beast in the twisties!!! Suspension Suspension Suspension and better breathing (i.e. intake and exhaust)! There's my route... what road will you take?

12. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

ill save up a little bit more and trade my lancer for an X

13. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

If I had $5,000 it'd go straight on my credit cards to pay them off haha but since that's not what you asked, here's what I'd do with $5,000.

CF Hood
    Sound System
    Rims
    Exhaust
    CAI
    and if I somehow found another $4,000 a Turbo :)

So far my car has:
    SRI
    Painted Engine
    Underglow
    Xenon Headlights
    Xenon Headlight Strobes
    Blue interior neons
    Graphics down the sides

:)

14. TheDude

You finally did em? lets see em!

15. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

You'll have to wait my friend! :) I'm doing an "unveiling" at a car meet on Oct. 5th. I'll be doing a mini photoshoot then. Be patient! ;)

16. DVHopeful

DVHopeful Well-Known Member

ahh...5k, i litteraly just got one of those dumb peices of garbage mail saying i was qualified for 5k. No yolk. What do you guys think? Go for it? And see if i get the 5k, or no? But if i got it...
    Wait for a turbo for the CVT most likely
    Maybe trade for RA
    or get a bunch of add ons like headers...my list so far, recaro seat, SRI, axel back, Tenzo rims, pully
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/img]

17. GTS_Lancer

GTS_Lancer Well-Known Member

I would spend some on engine upgrades, like a crank pulley and new headers, and maybe some other stuff for some more power. As for the rest i would spend on a sound system and body work such as, underglow lights, suspension, graphic, and rims and tires. thats just my opinion though, everyone is going to be different!

18. TheDude

You kno i completly forgot.

A cheap and effective way to raise HP w/o turbo is hte piggy back, and from what ive heard its VERY successful. If you dont wana go turbo, you could get all the ohter NA mods, get that piggy, and do some body work. Youll even have some money left over for rims and stuff. Run a budget with all the stuff you can do. Start with the smallest thing and work your way up.

19. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

with 5K

turbo hands down....

and the turbo is prob gunna sit in the garage for a bit cause it prob costs another 3-4K 2 install and tune it

dam...... rofl

20. Evo8cfb

Evo8cfb Member

Wheels
    Suspension
    Tires
    Exhaust :D