i need opinions...

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by lancer2quick, Dec 13, 2008.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

ok guys...i have a dilemma. i've been tossing around the idea of painting my R/A flat black or grey for about two years now. i already have an Accolade evo style hood (which i'm not even using at the moment) and was wondering if you guys think its a good look for the whole car to be flat with the evo hood, OR flat body and roof with carbon hood and decklid. if you need help thinking of what it would look like, i'm gonna shop it into one of my pics..so just be patient and i'll post it when i'm finished.

thanks guys, and if you thinks its a terrible idea....tell me. if not, i just might do it. lol

2. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

ya i think pic would be much better to make a decision on.. visual learner sorry lol

3. lancer2quick

[​IMG]

now remember, this is just a quick 20 min photoshop job...but i think it gets the general idea. there are still a few reflections on the car...but like i said, quick job. let me know what you guys think

4. lancer2quick

28 views and no comments??...c'mon, at least tell me its a horrible idea or somthing. lol

5. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Don't like it, that's mi opinion. It almost tells that the owner ran out of money for a paint job. :drunken:

6. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I agree with papi. I've always thought of flat black full body paint as people who just cant afford to paint their cars

7. lancer2quick

well, okie dokie then...not going to do it. i guess i had one of those ideas that looks better as a vision...not as a reality. lol

8. 04RalliArt

04RalliArt Member

9. lancer2quick

haha...you like it man??

10. LuvMyLancer

Carbon Fibre wrap the whole car :lol:

11. lancer2quick

i could do that...i used to work in a vinyl shop, so i could get it. lol

12. LuvMyLancer

LOL sure. It would look black from far away but then as you get closer... OoOoOoOoh :lol:

13. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Lol, well I personally like some flat black cars. There was an RX-8 at the toy drive that was flat black. It looked hella nice. Think I might have liked it more than the red one with the body kit that was there. Dont think I would do it to the Lancer though, I would black it out but with a gloss finish.

14. blkdout1

blkdout1 Well-Known Member

makes the car look mean when its flat

15. pbstud2001

pbstud2001 Well-Known Member

rhino line the whole thing like people do with trucks haha...then you can autocross and rally the hell out of it and not worry about scratches (its still flat black) lol

16. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

lol that would be crazy, but also seems heavy. But you really wouldnt have to worry about scratches, or even small dings and dents lol.

17. lancer2quick

haha...we actually did that to my friend's 76 jeep dj-5 mail jeep....to this day, he still hasn't "washed" it...just spray it off with the hose.

18. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

I like the idea of the Flat Black car....the whole "unfinished" look is nice it makes it unique compared to all the shiny things in life! Makes it look dull like a "sleeper"

19. LuvMyLancer

I like shiney things. :D

20. pbstud2001

pbstud2001 Well-Known Member

haha that jeep sounds badass...ya weight might be an issue, but if it were gutted, good bye issue