Hyundai Genesis

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Prophet, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

I am having a hard time narrowing down my next car. I know the type now I am wanting to know the pros and cons between the 2.0T or the 3.8L.... which would you choose and why? Also would be curious to know why you wouldn't want to buy one other then "Because it is a Hyundai..."

2. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Ok, soo this might be bad but I been looking at these for a while....

The 2.0T (turbo) has 210hp. I suggest getting the manual transmission also... I was fortunate that my local dealer has both a 2.0t and 3.8 with the paddle shifters... now paddle shifters are all fun but with the 2.0 manual the car is actually 500lbs lighter... gets better file economy and our friends are roadrace are already working and have parts for both models that can bring the 2.0t up to the 300hp the 3.8 makes.

This car is my next one too and I been sitting on it a while :) Everyone can say what they might about Hyundai but I emplor everyone to go sit in it and test drive it... it feels like a lexus on the inside and handles like a real sports coupe should!! rear wheel drive and all with the proper sport suspension

3. Prophet

Well see there developing SDS and turbocharge systems for the 3.8L and there is no replacement for displacement and this time I am going to buy a ready to make kit, simple wheels/tint/sound/and drop and call it a day. Plus there really is no other sound then a V6 motor vs a four banger...

Although the parts avaiable for the 2.0t is just crazy... and if I go the 2.0 route I am going to get the manual I am going to get the very basic and replace or add the parts I want too.... man there are so many decisions about this one....

4. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

It's nothing but a higher powered Tiburon in my opinion. They look very similar.

5. BringDownTheSky

BringDownTheSky Well-Known Member

2.0T with the 6speed ftmfw.
    I saw a fixed up one at the chicago auto show and it was amazing. heard good things about them too.

6. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Manual transmision offers a lot more than paddle shifters can do, also the benefits of manual, correct me if I'm wrong, is that eventually you can add a better clutch for faster shifting or anything else you may feel like. But if you prefer to listen to the engine like I do then go for the V6 and modify that sucker later on. I did modify a V6 before with K&N intake kit, MSD ignition, chip, exhaust and other goodies. It makes a big difference. :drunken: :drunken:

7. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

V6 dude...more HP to start with, will be easier on the engine than a 4 banger cause it can pull it better, and you upgrade class of cars. Instead of being the the 4 banger crowd, you will running with the V6's and Motor Trend or something like that was running the car against G37s and 370Zs...although it lost, the fact that they are even putting a Hyundai against those cars says something.

My next car will be a 6 or 8...or a V10...LOL! 4 bangers are good for MPG, that's about it. Sorry fellas but that's how I feel and why I bought this car. AND if u take the badges off the Genesis it looks kinda exotic...Ebay has a badge for the genesis that looks similar to the Chrysler 300s...but it says Genesis in the middle instead of Hyundai. In a few years Hyundai will be the go to car for racing. It takes time to change people's minds though

8. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Personally, I would go for the v6...and of course, with a manual tranny. One thing I JUST read 2 minutes ago in the paper...if you buy a new Hyundai before Aug. 31, you will get a card that let's you buy fuel at $1.49 for an entire year...regardless of location or current fuel prices. The 1.49 is for reg., midgrade at 1.64, and premium at 1.79. Just a little tidbit I thought you'd like to know about...

9. JDMhammer

michelle you are very very wrong lol.... more power... proper suspension, steering and ride and its rear wheel drive!

10. marauder96

marauder96 Well-Known Member

11. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

get the spec r one ...

12. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I am actually debating on selling my turboed Lancer right now. Don't laugh, but Kia is introducing the new Koup. Do some research into it. The GT model will be built with the same Genesis motor and platform EXCEPT come with 290 hp289 tq turboed engine with a 6 speed transmission. 19 inch rims with carbon fiber inserts and Brembo brakes. Uhg, the list goes on and on. All covered with the standard 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. It won't be released until late in the year, BUT next month (August) the 153 hp ($13,000) and 173 hp ($15,000) models of the Koup will be released. Most dealerships have showroom models now.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/kia/2008-kia-koup-ar54303.html

13. BringDownTheSky

man that thing is ugly homie.

14. SeRious08

Says the guy that drives an 02 rectangle with as much detail as a 3 year old McDonalds Happy Meal toy car of a block of wood and 4 wheels. :D

15. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!

I can't help but imagine this car as the spawn of a Camaro and Civic having sex...lol...Kia is coming up too. Yay Koreans!

16. BringDownTheSky

who the fuck are you? how are you gonna talk shit about a LANCER on a LANCER COMMUNITY FORUM. Idiot. Sorry I didnt pay 20+ grand for a car than throw a bunch of money at when I could have bought a much nicer, faster car for waaaay cheaper. YOU WANT A KIA, BITCH. LOL. what a badass.

17. JDMhammer

easy boys we are all entitled to our opinions lol.... either way the genesis is fucking awesome. Jason if you get that then does this mean a genesistuners.com? lol

18. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

Meh... the fact that it is still FWD will limit the possibilities. Plus this is still a concept. The only certain future trims that I can find are the non-turbo applications (EX and SX I think). This is from Kia's website.

I must say though that the Korean market is on the rise and in the near future will be thought of very highly among enthusiasts.

19. Prophet

lol... it is all ready taken... along with genisforums.com and a couple of others I tried to register. This time I think I won't open a new forum and just be a regular user lol...

20. SeRious08

The dealership is saying the turbo is a go. Its just not officially been released. They are waiting for the market results on the Genises.