Hooking up amp

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by AntonygTs, Sep 13, 2007.

1. AntonygTs

AntonygTs Well-Known Member

OK i had this system in my old eclipse and i still have it.. and finally i have time to install it in my gts. I have the subs hooked up to the amp the amp hooked up 2 the 12 volt battery and grounded it , but now i do not no how to connect the input cables "red and white" from the amp to the back of the stereo because theres no where to plug them into and also the rem. wire . So if anybody noes please help.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

u need to use a high to low adaprt. this part will tap into ur speaker wires and has the RCA jacks you are looking for. DEI makes one as well as a remote turn on lead. You can just tap into your ignition wire but the remote lead part steps down the voltage so ur amp doesnt surge on and off every time the ign. is turned on and off.

3. AntonygTs

AntonygTs Well-Known Member

where do i get this from and where does it hook up to

4. Guest

Guest Guest

any of ur local shops should have them or be able to order it 4 u.

The remote mute part hooks up to your ign. wire behind the radio. If your not sure and dont have a meter to check, I strongly advise paying $35-$50 to a shop and let them connect that up. Its worth the warrenty.