HID

Discussion in 'AutoMoGlow.com' started by Analog, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Analog

Analog Member

Does anyone know what type of HID to get if you want to

A) change the stock headlams,
    B) Foglams

any ideas? Im up for suggestions/ whats the best?

2. rav

rav New Member

bump ^^

Same question. What type of HID bulbs is needed for the gts lancer08 and does anyone know any good brands for HID'ing the foglights?

3. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

please post in the appriopriate section of the forums!!

4. Automoglow

Automoglow Well-Known Member

5. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

just be aware there is no good workaround for defeating the daytime running lights yet.

6. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

7. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

you and me both brotha

8. Trainwrcked

Trainwrcked Member

Just something I was thinking about on the way home. There is a connector right behind each headlight. When you unplug it, the lights are off (all of them). In theory, if you could isolate the prong that is the DRL, wouldn't it make sense that the ECU would think it's connected when really that prong wouldn't be touching the reciprical prong. I know it sounds like a hack, but like I said, it's just something I was thinking on the way home. I don't have the tools to check voltage or anything like that, but maybe someone else could?

9. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

^^someone try it out :D

10. mvattamatt

mvattamatt Active Member

i just had my HID installed but after 1 month, the right lite will be on and after 15 mins it will go off. What seems to be the problem? Can you advise me please?

thanks,
    marvin

11. mvattamatt

mvattamatt Active Member

12. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

you need a relay and you should be fine the guy who does my tints did mine but i dunno how no relay n they work perfect he did some drl bypass

13. mvattamatt

mvattamatt Active Member

The guy that installed it placed a relay. First few weeks its ok but now it keeps turning off. The owner will replace my kit with a brand new one. If the problem persist, I don't know If i will just go back to stock lites. Hope its going to be ok.

thanks bro
    marvin

14. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

well i tried the relay and the sane happened. removed it then just drove with the lights on, then it went random sometimes on some times off?? I guess it just the way they go it is really frustrating. My service dept wanted to try something bu at 80 bucks an hour and a minimum of three hours well i dont think so. Not when the HIDS cost me 140.00. Just didnt like the math.

15. mvattamatt

mvattamatt Active Member

how did he bypass the URL?

16. mvattamatt

mvattamatt Active Member

how he bypass it?

17. Automoglow

Automoglow Well-Known Member

whats the most popular HID color temp you prefer?