HID Issue

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by JDMhammer, Dec 6, 2010.

1. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Hey guys... thats right im asking a question...

Anyone having trouble with their HID's in the cold? My right one acts up in the heat and the left one acts up in the cold.... wtf

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I've had HID's for a while, as you all know from me saying it so many times lol, and with all the kits I've had the only real problem I've ever had was one night I didn't turn them off manually, and my right one didn't come on in the morning. Turned them off and back on and it popped on. Other than that, no problems at all. Sounds like that would be some kind of wiring problem. Did you try doing what I did? Turn them off and back on?

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

Possible leak. Like the rubber seals or something.

4. JDMhammer

I did the turn it off and turn it back on thing... i was able to get it back on when i wiggled the harness so i know its a wire somewhere in the system... im going to take it all apart this weekend and see what i can come up with

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

It's probably something really simple. That happens to me all the time when I have problems, I do all this work, then I find out it was a loose plug or something.

6. JDMhammer

I'm hoping it's a plug. Im home today so I'll take a peak.