Help: In-Dash Media System

Discussion in 'Audio, Security and Electronics' started by spiderman671, Nov 27, 2007.

1. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

I need help choosing the right in-dash system, but I don't know if it's going to correctly fit into my car.

I don't have bluetooth in the car, and I didn't get the sound system with the NAV package. I live on an island that's pretty small and no use for a NAV package.

So I was looking into the older threads, JakeGTS post. I found a good price on a JVC in-dash system but I don't know if this will fit properly. SO I was wondering if any one here can help me, and let me know if this is work for me.

There was a little option where I can select the type of car I have, if I had the rockfort sound system, and if I had a after-market stereo or factory stereo. And the results said that it wouldn't fit into my car...but my guess would be that it's because I need to purchase the NAV Install Kit.

Help? Would this fit into my car if I just purchase the NAV Install Kit with it?

http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... X800&tp=75

2. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

yes that will fit perfectly, with small mods, thats the exactly same one i have.....get the dash kit from mitsubishi the double din one.

3. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

thanks for the help guys...

small mods? is there going to be any splicing involved or is this just going to be a plug-n-play

4. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

small mods? is there going to be any splicing involved or is this just going to be a plug-n-play

and also, will my passengers be able to watch the dvd while in drive mode?

5. Guest

Guest Guest

there is no wiring harness available yet so yes u will have tap into the factory harness. No biggie and it wont void your warranty.

Schoshe will have theirs out real soon and its only $50 average cost compared to the oem that I can get for $272.00

Your choice ur money.

6. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

scosche will be making a harness kit with it too

be paitent or go do a rush job its up to you

7. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

thaks guys... i think i will wait for the release from scosche. much cheaper, and there will be a harness kit with it too...so big savings for me....and plus they might have some better releases for a 2DIN... no rush for this mod

besides, i'm more focused on performance first...then dress-up...

8. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Metra is releasing theres soon too.