help for 02-03 lancer mods.

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Customization' started by blackhawk63, Mar 27, 2009.

1. blackhawk63

blackhawk63 Active Member

2. CS7A-7G

CS7A-7G Well-Known Member

they arent that bad.. looks like u got the basic's covered, header,exaust and intake.... later on u might wanna get the rrm piggyback ecu...<--

for cosmetics... lots of ways like no wing o a rexspeed low profile lip, evo7 style tails, backed out headlights or get cedia's headlights [ look nicer ] . body kit like a evo7 kit [ 2 types one that uses stock hood and one that doesnt ] cf hood or trunk but cf trunk like 500 lol....

im a cheapskae myself, i started with the headlights and tails, then the short ram to evo wing then to the wheels and tires <-- expensive one so far and stopped their when i lost my 15//hr job at sdg&e *edit it was 15/r lol

wheels and tires set me back 1200$ ordered from falken directly included balancing and all the rest

i stopped buying things for my car temp untill i get a better job than working at office depot

3. blackOZ

blackOZ Well-Known Member

yea just gopher it bro
    i bought some headers on ebay and it was preety easy to install
    and i can feel the difference to

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Looks like you're off to a good start...just a quick tip though...watch the shipping on ebay. Some sellers price stuff way cheap, then charge ten times what it really cost to ship. That echaust really shouldn't cost more than 50 bucks to ship. i just shipped a hood for a buddy of mine...box was 5foot by 5foot by 6inches and weighed 49lbs....only cost me 74 bucks to get it from alabama to seattle, wa.

5. blackhawk63

yeah i saw the shipping on in and i was like wtf but on other sites exhaust are like $500
    ill try to look again and see if i can find the same one with cheaper shipping.

other than that thanks for the help

oh and what is a rrm piggyback ecu i never heard of that lol

6. blackhawk63

7. blackhawk63

do headers break or something because this one looks so cheap. i dont know much about headers

8. CS7A-7G

good name brabd catbacks go for 500....

9. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

With headers, the main thing you need to worry about is the welds. Sometimes the welds will rust, eventually causing a weak spot where a crack could come up. One other thing that you want to look for is if the material is stainless or not. If its not, see what type of coating it has to inhibit any rust from forming.

10. blackhawk63

oh ok thanks
    and what about the CAI its really cheap so does that mean its not good?

11. CS7A-7G

not that it isnt good, you could go that route if money was an issue, for me being in socal i choose the aem one since its carb legal/smog exempt so i can pass emmisions.. hell i could of gone "ebay" route but i dont like wasting money if i cant pass smog. gotta pay to play in cali

12. blackhawk63

yeah i think ill just wait till i have more money then ill buy one thats good. i just got my jdm headlights from the mail today and they look great!

13. hoygagoka

hoygagoka Well-Known Member

If you are looking for cosmetics I have a few things for sale if yo're interested.
    -VG (functional) sharkfin antenna
    -eyelids paintd thunder gray
    -sylvania silverstars 9007
    -and if you need it I have a stock stereo

They are all coming off an 03

14. blackhawk63

i dont need any of that but thanks for the offer

15. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I have that same exhaust, and its great. nice deep tone to it and really opens it up.

16. blackhawk63

so i got headlights last week that looks like this.

[​IMG]

is there any way i can take off the blinker light from the the left end and move it all the way to the right? if anyone else has this plz help. I want to do this because there is just an open space on the other end for light and i think the blinker would look better on that side and i could put HID on the small circle on the right. im sorry if im not explaining this right lol.

17. CS7A-7G

lol not possible

for that reason i got jdm cedia's, its old pic but i still have the heads on my car

http://members.cox.net/mitsu_evo8gsr/images/cedia2a.jpg

the inner bulb is high beam, outer is low, the bottom line is turn signal and the upper corner is parking lamp

here what they look like at night w/o flash
    http://members.cox.net/mitsu_evo8gsr/im ... dia2an.jpg
    http://members.cox.net/mitsu_evo8gsr/im ... dia2bn.jpg

w/flash
    http://members.cox.net/mitsu_evo8gsr/im ... ia2anf.jpg
    http://members.cox.net/mitsu_evo8gsr/im ... ia2bnf.jpg

18. blackhawk63

crap. i wish i got the headlights you have :(
    nice pics

19. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Where did you get those heads from? Is there any way I could still buy them, or is it a discontinued product or something like that?

20. CS7A-7G