HALO - Houston Area Lancer Owners

Discussion in 'South and Southeast Owners Forum' started by lordtygr, Oct 30, 2008.

1. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

LOL hope you guys don't mind, but i made a name for us ;) hope ya'll are down. gonna try and come up with a logo and all that jazz. but first i finally got some of the pics from our first (HALO) meet up.

HALO Group Shot
    [​IMG]

CLEANrideGTS
    [​IMG]

Bouss07
    [​IMG]

lordtygr
    [​IMG]

4B12LancerGTS
    [​IMG]

2. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

VERY SWEEEEETT!!!! Lovin The Name! HALO! Woot!

3. lordtygr

i linked the group shot on ektors post for the LT myspace pics, if you want feel free to link your individual pic over there too or post your own

4. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

HALO is a sick name. Where did you guys take the pics? Wish I could have stayed longer and had a cleaner car. I am taking next semester off so I should be free to meet a bit more.

5. 4B12LancerGTS

Same place beta :p just off in the corner of that parking lot!

6. lordtygr

didn't need a cleaner car. i photo shopped bouss's car a bit on the bumper. i coulda handled yours too ;) lol

yeah, you missed the celica chick by the way, lol. anyone talk to her since then? lol

7. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

Where are those pics???? :?

It's all good I'm married anyways, but it doesn't hurt to look :roll:

8. lordtygr

didn't take any photo's of her. we'd already put the cameras away when she showed up. not missing much. i mean, nice looking but it was more the fact that she just randomly came up and started talking to us.

9. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

Its all good, as HALO grows I'm sure there will be many more encounters.

On another note I went for a pretty wild ride in a 650hp Mustang Cobra yetserday. One hell of a ride, we were cruising at 65mph and when he punched it in 3rd the rear drag radials broke loose. 8O This was the sickest ride I have taken yet. The biggest problem for me was that the passenger Recaro did not have all of the mounting bolts in so I was hanging on to what ever I could find.

10. 4B12LancerGTS

Lol yea the celica chick i talked to her maybe like the next day she was texting me asking me if we got pics of her and her car i was not sure i told her. But lol yea she just rolled up in her blue celica non gts and just started to hang with us lol!

HALO! lol thats great we need a windshield banner of our name or something! i know a guy who makes decals for real cheap and can ship real cheap to!

11. lordtygr

cool. just need to get a logo. i was thinking of somehow ripping off the the Halo game's logo somehow, but i think i wanna try and be more original

12. 4B12LancerGTS

Mhmm i wouldnt mind if the halo symbol gave you inspiration into making a one!

13. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

HALO! That's awesome...I grad college in like 6 weeks then I get a real job. hopefully then i can start doin some stuff to the car and meet you guys up sometime. good to see someone is steppin up and trying to get things rolling with the HALO's here...

14. 4B12LancerGTS

Yea we are trying its tough since alot us are in the same shoes as you AZN school, jobs, families, "LIFE" but hopefully we all can meet up again! I myself have been going through some financial crisis but im doing ok now for the mean time lol but real soon! and yes HALO is a brilliant name for us!

15. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Halo huh, that sounds good. I live near Houston and I own a 2008 ES, I see everyone has a GTS, but I personally didnt get one becuase they didnt have one in manual (the day I bought mine) and I was planning on getting rims anyways. I looked at lancertuners for a while when I first got my car back in May of 08, but there wasnt much going on for the Houston area so I havent got back on till now. Maybe I can ride out and meet yall sometime.

16. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Way to abide by the law lordtygr!

It makes your lancer stand out in the crowd!

17. lordtygr

LMAO! :D

thanks.. the dealer had alrady installed the temp plate, so i decided to keep it 'legal' for the time being. but i'm lookin at the carbon fiber bumper cover so it may come off eventually

18. lordtygr

We should start figuring out when we want to do another meet. i'd like to see get to a regular once a month kinda deal alternating between a thursday night and a saturday afternoon every other month. I know it's getting into the holiday season so our time available is going to be severly limited over the next couple of months. right now i'm thinking we do another thursday meet, the week before thanksgiving. that would be 11/20. and this time we need to find a place where ID's are not required to enter, lol. also would be nice if it had a (free) parking garage. i know there are 2 free garages in the woodlands (one @ market street and one next to the big cinemark), and there's one on bellaire and the beltway. no reason in particular. it's just parking garage car pics are always nice, lol.

19. 4B12LancerGTS

Yea we need to. Not sure if i can make it on that day but i will definitely try to make it!

-HALO

4B12LancerGTS

20. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Way to abide by the law 4B12LancerGTS!

Way to get your head cut off too!

If you are going to half ass your licenses plate, why even put it up. Putting it in the window is still illegal and unsafe.

Front plates are bullshit!