HALO: Availability for Next Houston meet

Discussion in 'South and Southeast Owners Forum' started by olvhec, Jan 16, 2009.

1. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Ok fellow houstonians and people of surrounds areas, since we cannot seem to hit the right day for a bigger meet I want everyone to post the days you are available for a meet. I understand certain things come up, so I just want a general idea of when the best day for us to meet on and maybe a good location for everyone.

Me personally I can usually meet any day of the week except for most Sundays and some Saturdays. Best time for me to meet would be in the evening/night.

2. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

olvhec maybe we should just set a day once a month and say this when it is; if you can't make it then hopefully you can next month. This will give people a whole month to plan for it and the date and time will be firm. When I had my VW we always had a large team meet the first friday of every month people started showing up at 7 and we would hang out until everyone started leaving.

3. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Lol, you jumped ahead on me, thats really what I am shooting for. Thats why I wanted a day of the week, that way we could meet say that day on the first week of every month. Or something like that. I just wanted to set a day that most people agree on, that way maybe more will show.

4. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

Great minds think alike.

5. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

^+1, lol.

6. Silver09GTS

Silver09GTS Well-Known Member

For now, Tuesdays and Thursdays are out for me. But with a little advance notice, pretty much any other evening would work.

7. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Ok, so I remember 4B12LancerGTS saying in another thread that he had to work graveyard everyday except Wednesday night and Thursday. So that leaves Wednesday so far as the best day. I want to try to not leave anyone out, the larger the group the better.

8. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Thanks for including me in this :D yea im only off wed's and thursdays. I work 9pm to 5 am friday through wed morning (5am) so i have wed after 3 pm and thursday after 3 pm to do whatever i want then my week starts again.

Yea i agree we need a designated day of the month to go out and meet!

9. Bouss07

Bouss07 Well-Known Member

wedneasdays work for me too i can make almost anyday free for me unless i got something imp to take care of

10. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Well Wednesday so far is the best day then, but I want to wait for a couple more members to chime in. Anyone have an idea of a good location to meet. I might start pm'ing the rest of the Houston folk tomorrow to see if I can get anymore input, especially on location since that may be the determining factor for some people.

11. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

wed. is good here. though onlygiveme a half vote since my future residency is uncertain. btw. when i get home tonight ill post what i did this weekend. :lol:

12. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

^yeah I was wondering when you would post lol. Well when you move you would be more available for the weekend right?

13. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

ya yall im good for wed! i get off of my last class at around 715 730 but i would go straight from there so wed would be perfect! im glad everyone is agreeing on something finally haha

14. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Allright guys, well majority rules, not that there was much of a contest lol. List of people that agree with Wednesday so far, (in order of post except myself).

Silver09GTS
    4B12LancerGTS
    Bouss07
    lordtygr
    mikeike8
    olvhec

Beta107- has not agreed or disagreed to Wednesday, PM'ed

Now thats a decent amount of people for a small meet, we still have the issue of time and location. Does anyone think 8pm is too late? Anybody have an idea of a good spot to meet?

15. mikeike8

8 i think is not a bad time and last thurs when we did it at planet zero it wasent hard to find at all.. and i couldve sworn there was an impreza meet around the corner.. plus when me and olvhec went last thurs we saw like 3 or even 4 evos drive by.. so unless anyone else knows of a parking lot that would be vacant i wouldnt mind having it at planet zero again...

16. Silver09GTS

Silver09GTS Well-Known Member

8 would be fine with me. Just let me know were. Haven't been to PZ, but it can't be to hard to find if it's on Westhimer.

17. lordtygr

Yeah, if i goto austin, it'll definatly be a weekend thing. so i posted what i did this weekend, it can be found here:

What Tyson did this weekend!

18. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Ok, well we can do PZ, but the main reason I didnt pass it up was becuase I realized I was at the Kirkwood intersection. The fast food joint in that corner was blocking my view when I left the light so a quick look left after the (Jack in the Box I think) and I found it. We did see several Evos, and I wouldn't mind recruiting some lol. I think we can get a couple if we keep HALO as a club and not a team, Some of the Evo's I see in Houston are already part of a team or crew. Lordtygr I have some ideas for summer time that would likely involve getting done on the weekend but I will not disclose anything yet.

O yeah Lordtygr, Rich Christensen is gonna be there on Feb the 13th and 14th. You planning on going? For those people who don't recognize the name that guy is the creator of Pinks.

19. lordtygr

out at baytown? i had no idea. is he doing a show? or is he just meet and greet? i'd like to see a live show of pinks. that's when it gets "real"

havn't watched in a long time.

20. mikeike8

Pinks? never heard of it.. please explain! :)