HALO: 4B12 vs. 4G69

Discussion in 'South and Southeast Owners Forum' started by Beta107, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

I had a discussion with some guys on another forum about the 04-06 Ralliart 4g69 vs. the 09 lancers with the 4b12. The engine output is fairly close for both cars and the discussion was about which one is actually the faster of the two. I think I am the only HALO member with an 04 Ralliart so if anyone would like to see how the cars stack up to one another one of these days let me know. I am quite curious to see.

Oh Yeah, let's get a meet going on in Houston soon.

2. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

BAM! i'm your man. any friday night out at the 1/8th mi track. i have only the 1 chincey mod done, lol and i'd love to get a basline before.

3. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Hey, count me in to be there I have been wanting to see how that would turn out since we first discussed it on this forum. So lordtygr guess your not moving afterall?

4. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

Sounds good Lordtygr I need to check my schedule and see which Friday is best. This Friday is a no go, but I will check and see what is a good one. The only mod on mine is the suspension (KYB struts and Tein S-techs). Should be a good race or at least I hope it will be.

5. lordtygr

no. i'm still probably moving i just dont know when yet. besides i'd make the trip back from austin for this race if i move before we meet up. this will still be home, so i'll be around alot of weekends.

6. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

O ok cool. Hey a spring setup really does help on grip. I did skunk2 coilovers with kyb struts on my eclipse and it is nice. Just put rebuilt engine in it, trying to find a shop to rebuild my trans.

7. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

Yeah, you're right you could tell the difference right away when I got the suspension put on. I will give some anyway though cause I have an automatic so it should be a decent race.

8. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

O yours is auto, well that takes from the fun, lol. My friends auto tranny is slowly starting to take longer at each shift point when he guns it, which means his car is getting slower lol. So your car doesnt squeall off the line anyways right, or you try other techniques for holding rpm?

9. Beta107

Beta107 Active Member

Funny, we're going to have to make you the club comedian. Yeah it's auto I inherited it from my wife when I got her a new car. Anyway it shifts fine, Oh yeah and I use my transbrake to hold the RPM :roll: (HAHAHA) but seriously I want to run the car and see how it does.

10. lordtygr

got an idea of a good friday yet? so far the 16th and 30th are good for me this month