Ground up rebuild of 08 Lancer

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by hardwick.james, Aug 17, 2012.

1. So for those who know me and have seen my lancer know how nice it was and how the evil wench of my past destroyed it. So here is the deal if I have enough interest I will update often pics of the rebuild process and I mean this will be an overhaul! Full body kit headlight taillights fenders interior stereo and paint. If your interested and I have enough people who are I will make this thread hella enjoyable. Thanks and looking forward to the fun. I have already posted a lot of this to 9glancers as well, I am already one week in on the rebuild so I'll start posting pics here on LT.

2. This was the before my ex-wife got it pic so you can see how nice it was

[​IMG]

3. These are the damage pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. I started with the interior, It looked and smelled as if a smoking raccoon had lived in it so I pulled all the seats and had them leather wrapped and I spent 4 1/2 hours cleaning the thing to get all the smell out which worked out nicely! I also replaced the entire stereo system, only one speaker worked when I got it back from the ex-wife

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Here is a video of the sound, They are focal krx2 in the front and focal performance in the rear as well as a focal 10" sub, Pioneer head unit with steering wheel controls, PDX Alpine amp and Alpine Xperformance amp for the sub. total cost with install $4400 (most amazing sound ever you can hear the grass grow!) This is the best I can capture on an iphone but you can tell the quality is superior. Leather install was $1600 and that included the rear bench the center arm rest all seats and replacement of the nasty webbing crap on the doors

6. you should be able to just click on the picture

[​IMG]

7. Joe Tiano at autocityimports.com has been a great help and we should be moving forward with the exterior in a week - 2 weeks. It will be getting a whole new body kit, new hood, new spoiler, new headlights and taillights, new intake and exhaust, new coilovers, new rims and tires and a paint job!

8. mindbeats

mindbeats Well-Known Member

Dude great job on the restoration!!!! Ive been wanting to re-do my interior in all leather as well as Mitsubishi def dropped the ball on that one. Love the audio, that's next on my list and def gonna keep an eye on this. It's good motivation for all I want to do to mine. Good luck and keep it up with the rest of the build :)

9. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Keep up the great work on the car dude, sucks women always get in the way of important things.

BTW... moved your post to the progress thread section.

10. unevolvd08

unevolvd08 Member

I thought my car was bad after I got it back, I wanted to cry looking at yours. Good luck getting her back together. It does look good so far.

11. Eshort

Eshort Member

Your ex wife sucks

Sent from your moms phone using Tapatalk