Greddy TiC vs Injen SES Exhaust

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by LTDan, Jan 16, 2009.

1. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

Any input on these two products? hp gain, sound, and difference between cat back vs axle back?

2. dergre

dergre Member

I've read that power wise its the same for the most part, now on the sound the Greddy TiC is a louder then the Injen SES. Hope this help's. I my self just ordered the Injen SP1835A CAI and Injen SES Exhaust. Will be installing this week.

3. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

sounds good to me. let me know how it goes and add pics/ vids to this post when you get the chance. think I might save up for the Injen SES cat back for the future

4. dive_junkie

dive_junkie Well-Known Member

I too was wondering this but I found a bunch of videos of both exhausts on you tube recommended by folks on this site. Helps a lot in determining which one I'm going for. I liked the Greddy myself on sound but the horsepower gain was the question I still was wondering about. From other posts I read no matter how much we try we aren't going to gain much in horsepower on this car but anything helps. I don't see spending more money for an extra 5 hp or however much it is. Not worth it to me. If it I can feel it and hear I'm happy. If someone has a link to show the differences in the hp and if its worth it then I can see doing it. I know the Greddy says 10 but idk. I don't know about the SES. I still would like more clarification on this topic before I'm sold on one or the other.

5. LTDan

LTDan Well-Known Member

I see Injen at least posts their Dyno chart up for us to see whereas Greddy does not have one? (unless someone can prove me wrong) I think I have my heart set on the SES. Now all I have to do is save up for it!

6. dive_junkie

I think your right. I wasn't sure about the hp gain. I was just browsing around for both and I saw a dyno on one of their websites but wasn't sure.

7. crypto

crypto Well-Known Member

HP gains will be about the same with the Injen and Greddy exhausts. Just comes down to personal preference on which one you choose

8. dive_junkie

Well from what I have heard and listened to I'm going with Greddy. No sense in spending more money on the same hp.

9. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Go Greddy.

I've used the INjen SES exhaust. sold that bitch a long time ago.

whoever said teh ses is quieter then the greddy is wrong. any axle-back is much quiter than a cat-back.

10. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

i personally have the greddy and i recommend it to anyone. ive never seen or heard the injen i person but a lot of people think i got a v6 just from the deep sound u get from the greddy.. and there are some surprising hp gains from just an exhaust.. and it looks cool lol ;)

11. dergre

dergre Member

mikeike8 you have the RRM Headers and the Greddy TiC and the Injen cai. how dose it all sound together? I was going to do this all but not the greddy, i was going to do Injen's exhaust but i heard that it sounds like crap with the RRM Headers.

12. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

If you believe any dynos posted by manufactures, then I have ocean front property in Arizona.....

13. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

^ I first I was like wtf?! lol

14. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

That's what blows my mind about all these people wanting dyno's. If the dyno chart comes from the company that made the part; the believers are like "yay! i have 10 hp instantly" and the doubters are like "yea but of COURSE they're gonna post high numbers"

nobody wins. dyno's are only useful to the individuals dyno'ing.....that day.

tHE Injen Exhaust did NOT give me 10hp and neither did the Cold Air Intake.

15. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Exactly. Thats why RRM doesn't post dynos. They want customers to post thier individual dynos, because it veries from car to car.

16. mikeike8

it sounds amazing! i mean at first i only had the exhaust and ya it made a deeper sound but when i put the headers and the intake man did it make a diff!.. at low rpm its got a nice deep sounds but when u get into higher rpm with sport mode or whatever it gets a lil higher pitched and when the intake and headers kick in u can hear each piston hit.. its awesome.. i hardly ever listen to music when i just drive around town cuz i just listen to the engine... and when ur in park or in neutral and rev the engine.. it almost sounds like i got a turbo... almost not quite tho lol

17. mikeike8

very true.. same thing with decals... my decals gave me 15 hp while many other people dont feel a difference... lol :lol:

18. sneakerhi

sneakerhi Well-Known Member

well The injen and Greddy IMO are about the same
    just that the injen gives you "10"hp as for the greddy gives you "8"hp (it really varies on how you tune your car its different for everyone as others posted)
    i heard both and personally like the injen but just cause im broke id probably settle with the Greddy

good luck on your decisions guys

19. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

decals are different. everyone knows those give ur car some hp 8)

20. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

I've got the Injen axle-back exhaust and I love it. Personally, I think it's a lil better then the GReddy in my opinion.