Getting the Navi

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Customization' started by DarkSmac, Jul 17, 2007.

1. DarkSmac

DarkSmac New Member

i'm wanting to know if i have to get the Mitsubishi Navi or can i get a aftermarket navi but i still want to be able to use my steering wheel controls. if anyone can help me out. thanks

2. dsf3g

dsf3g Well-Known Member

I think the car's too new right now, but I suspect that eventually you'll be able to do it. I would recommend seriously considering the Mitsu Navi, though. It's a really good unit, and the price is surprisingly fair for what you get. Do a little comparison shopping and see how much Hard Drive based navigation systems run these days (not DVD based). You'll find that they hover around $2000, which is about what the Mitsu Navi unit goes for. And most of those don't offer you the possibility of loading music onto the unit, which is a very, very nice feature of the Mitsu Navi. Where aftermarket Nav systems will outshine the Mistu unit is in iPod integration. That's because at the moment, the Mitsu unit doesn't offer any sort of iPod integration other than an AUX-in jack. With aftermarket units you can sometimes control the iPod straight from the unit and see track information siplayed on the screen. I just ordered a Pioneer AVIC D3 for my MR2, and it's supposed to have really, really good iPod integration. The unit was really cheap ($700 for an authorized dealer) and good for a car like my MR2 (1992 year model) which was never offered with Nav. But if you can swing the Mitsubishi Nav sstem, I really think it's the best for the Lancer. Plus, it integrates into a bunch of the onboard systems in ways that aftermarket units never will.