Gas Milage?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Conduct, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

So I have the piggy, some ugly custome SRI :p

and a stock exhaust system, but with a new muffler, along with pully and such~

I get an average of... 16-17 mpg.

does that seem a bit off to anyone but me?

2. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

that seems low, I thought that the piggy was supposed to help with the gas mileage, maybe your custom SRI is what's causing it. The rain stopped, what's the hold up with installing the CAI? With my CAI and exhaust, m running between 22-24 mpg and I thought that was pretty low..

3. Guest

Guest Guest

oh crap! i thought i got really bad gm. i get 24mpg. u need to start putting ur stuff back on one at a time and c what piece(S) r causing u to get really bad gm. Then see how u can tweek them to work in ur favor.

4. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

I also get 16-18 MPG.. I have the RRM pulley, SRI and a custom cat back.. I get 8.8 MPG when I drive in tiptronic but thats because I use tiptronic to get higher RPMs thats why i burn more gas in tiptronic.. but when im in drive i get an average of 16-18 MPG...

BigSteve-

5. Conduct

I think I'm installing my CAI today, the hold up was that I got my car back recently from being... well "munched" :wink:

anyways I'll see how this all works out~

6. Guest

Guest Guest

i use trip tronic all the time and i still average 24mpg.

mods:
    Injen CAI
    Injen SES
    RRM pulley

7. spunx021

spunx021 Well-Known Member

same here, I rarely leave it on drive, I use triptonic all the time too, M loving the paddle shifters!! and I get 22-24 mpg..

8. Conduct

Yeah, well I get that on the triptonic as well, can't stand how the car shifts in D :?

anyways hopefully it's just my SRI and such~

9. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

off topic but what size piping you use for your custom cat back?

10. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah bigsteve, im wondering that as well. if u dont have enough back pressure it could cause u to waste more fuel just to get ya going.

12. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

decent..is that bigger than our oem size piping?i need to know before i makw my decision on 2.5 or 2.25

13. Guest

Guest Guest

a mandrel bent 2.25" is pretty standard for after market exhaust systems.

MANDREL bent. Do not use a set up that has crush bends in it. once u do that the hole point of the exhaust will be chalked up to a huge waste of money.

14. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

wow i thought i did bad, i get 28mpg in winter and back when the temps were in the 60's i was getting 30 to 31

15. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

im around the same thing even around farm land i average 28 8O

16. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Are you doing the averages from tank to tank or are you trusting the high inaccurate digital display?

17. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

i think the display is actually quite accurate. cause it tells me 26 on my way to work and 29 on my way back and i avg. 28 latly so in my vehicles its pretty acurate :)

But i do the calculations right btw.

365miles / 13gallons = 28mpg avg :)

18. Conduct

That is tank to tank, but I just installed the CAI and so far I've been getting a lot better, so I think it had something to do with my crappy SRI that I made haha

19. Lancer-Randy

Lancer-Randy Well-Known Member

i get about 22-24 mpg