exhaust

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by SoulEater13, Oct 20, 2011.

1. SoulEater13

SoulEater13 Well-Known Member

ok, so i did some research on the exhaust for my '09 lancer es and i read that axle back is the best thing to do. is this true and what brand or type is the best. i did the best i could on researching this and there is so much info on it that i just need to ask all you experienced guys/gals on this. thanks.

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

It depends on what exactly you're looking for your exhaust to do to say what's the "best" for it. Technically I'd have to say the best exhaust you can go with is stock. But, if you're looking for "performance" then a cat-back exhaust would be better, but if all you're looking for is looks and sound an axle-back would do fine. The cat-back will give you better flow, not THAT much but better.

3. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

I've always been a fan of custom systems. If you can get with a reputable exhaust shop that is local, you could get a custom cat-back for less than the price of a pre-made axle back.

4. SoulEater13

i'm going for performance and i read that two companies did some research and that axle-back gave the best results compared to cat-back and full system. and something about an oval shaped muffler is the best rather than cylindrical type. all i know is that i think im gonna go with a axle-back.

5. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Hey...At least you're doind your homework on this stuff. Most people would just buy a muffler, weld it on, and say they have a "performance exhaust" or "exhaust system".
    Kudos man...Kudos

6. SoulEater13

thanks man, im a jet engine mechanic in the Navy. we gotta do our research before ordering parts. cant be wasting tax-payer dollars now, and i dont wanna waste mine just throwin random crap on my car.

7. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

But that's the best way to waste money. Next to buying another car. But keep us updated.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

8. sosicklancer 17

sosicklancer 17 Active Member

really tho the best 2 axle back exhausts are greddy tic, or hks.. greddy has two or three types, the ti-c or ses and there might be another one.. i have the ti-c cause its a little louder then the ses and i prefer the look of it.. and hks is pretty expensive. its pretty much about prefference from there! lol.

9. SoulEater13

ok thanks. im looking at something inexpensive but aggressive noise and style. i will take a look into those, thanks. there is so much research one can do and then ask for advice. i like asking for advice and guidance, i can only gain knowledge if i seek it out.