evokid's 08 es

Discussion in 'Members Progress Reports' started by evokid2008, Aug 18, 2010.

1. evokid2008

evokid2008 Member

Well as I had said in my noob thread, i'm not going to take credit for what is not mine. I bought the car with the gts front and sides. It was also tinted I believe it is 20%. I have a long list of mods in my noob thread but i will post here as there done.

So my first mod of course is black out front with plasi-dip enjoy and let me know what you think.

[​IMG]
    stock bummper
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    removed cover
    [​IMG]
    chrome grill removed
    [​IMG]
    I removed the screws on the back to seperate the chrome and grill
    [​IMG]
    removed grill
    [​IMG]
    tape off bummper
    [​IMG]
    masked and ready for paint

I took the advise of the plasi-dip thread and painted 4 coats with 1/2 hr in between coats.

finished with a crapy pict
    [​IMG]
    better pict
    [​IMG]

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Looks good. I think you should have done the Mitsubishi symbol while you were at it though. That would look really nice.

3. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

very nice start bro GG FTW. I left my mitsu the stock color as well just kind of worked for me. The engine could use a little cleaning but im looking forward to what you do with her. There is a lack of bad ass Gray Lancers out there we need more.

what do you have planned?

Welcome to LT

4. davidlanceres

davidlanceres Well-Known Member

Good lookin ES man.

5. TallGaudet

TallGaudet Active Member

Nice man, I plan on doing this to my '10 SE as well.

I have a question though, what's that small round cover on the bumper? It appears you removed it? to plasti-dip it better?

6. davidlanceres

Alot of newer vehicles have that, I believe you can pop it out and screw in a tow hook like this...

[​IMG]

I could be wrong though.

7. TallGaudet

TallGaudet Active Member

oooooooooh i see ^_^

Good to know that I can race tow my car if ever the need be ;)

8. evokid2008

evokid2008 Member

HUNK- I actually thought about painting the symbol but i decided it looked better with out.

Sinestra- Thanks for the props. I agree that there aren't a whole lot of modded graphite lancers out there. Well at least well modded. Yea i bought the car and the dealer didnt even give it a detail. I just got a car wash! I could have done a better job then that. But I agree. I gave it some attention so please believe it looks much better. lol.

Tallgaudet- David is right. Its a tow cover and i just felt it would have a cleaner look to remove it and paint it seperate.

Thank you guys. I always apreciate the info/addvice. I will be posting some more photos here in a bit. ive been slacking sorry.

9. evokid2008

evokid2008 Member

So I decided to finally get caught up on my progress report and post what I have been up to with the car and post a quick list of what is to come. So here are a few before photos. I didnt take many but here you are.

Front.
    [​IMG]
    Back.
    [​IMG]
    Side.
    [​IMG]

I plan to debadge and tint the tails. I will be painting the rims (just not sure if I should do black flat or glossy or graphite to match the car) maybe i'll do a poll. some interior paintig and engine bay touching with paint. just a few minor things till i can afford the big things.

10. evokid2008

evokid2008 Member

Ok well I have debadged the car. I like it. Now I just have to tint the back end and it would look a bit cleaner to me. Here's some picts for you.

Before.
    [​IMG]
    Still has the glue and dirt.
    [​IMG]
    After.
    [​IMG]

11. davidlanceres

Looks good! Gotta love a shaved trunk!