Evo X and the STI on track

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi News & Info' started by Subawho, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

http://www.scoobyblog.com/2007-07-03/20 ... i-spotted/

I am sad. I have been reading over the specs for the new STI and also the Evo X. Latest news: The Evo X will not be breaking 300 hp. And I didnt find that info on a subaru forum, I found that info on...Motor Trend I believe. It might have been Car and Driver. Anyways...the STI will be breaking 300 hp. Also, while I think the new 08 WRX hatchback looks hideous....the STI in those spy photos is beefed up in a way that makes it look god damn sexy.

Im still going to wait until there is solid information out...but right now I am actually leaning now towards getting the STI. Hopefully in the end the X will be better. Why cant it be 2008? :(

2. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

Its all speculation but every magazine I have read, Motor Trend etc. speculate at least 300+hp, only people to know is Mitsu at this point :x, even if it is "only" 300hp Im sure it will kick the STi in the ass in handling anyway.

3. Sp4rt4n

Sp4rt4n Well-Known Member

That's weird, I read in Motor Trend it would be 300+ for the new EVO. Plus, I have driven Subaru's and thir build quality is nowhere near Mitsu.

4. dsf3g

dsf3g Well-Known Member

I'd take the EVO any day of the week, frankly. And this is coming from a guy who bought one of the first WRXs off the boat back in 2001. Subaru just keeps putting our ever more hideous looking cars, while Mitsubishi is churning out gorgeous vehicles. I have no idea how much power the new Evo is going to have, but goodness gracious, even a mere 300HP is an absurd amount of power in a car that weighs as little as the EVO will.

Of course, in the end I won't buy either one of those cars. I'm happy with my '08 Lancer ES. It's a great looking, economical bargain of a family car, and I've reached the point where 33 mpg highway is more important to me than 330 HP.

5. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

howbout u pimp out ur es and keep the MPG high and get the HP to show off also :D

6. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

STi looks better with the garbage bag on top.

7. lancer08guy

lancer08guy Well-Known Member

8. Milagro

Milagro Well-Known Member

14 more HP, and yet the STI is still a tad slower.... tough luck Subbies!

9. champion_j4

champion_j4 Member

would get either one.

10. blk_out_gts

blk_out_gts Well-Known Member

the sti and evo can only be compared now because of their history of compation! but in reality they can be compared for one reason!

they are both supposed to be cars that can be qualified for rally races and yet the new sti f*** that up bad by changing the number on spec... it has to be a 2.0l engine!
    the sti is a 2.5 liter! if mitsu had a 2.5 in the evo its would have hell of alot more hp then the 305 the subaru got! and ask anyone that rates cars theyd pick the evo over the sti anyday! and besides its freaking ugly!